Contact Center Opportunities for Indigenous Peoples, Hybrid Career Opportunity – Ottawa, ON (FR/EN)
Ville : Ottawa, ON, CA
Catégorie : Customer Service Representative
Industrie : Finance
Employeur : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 167868
Cost Centre: [[costCenter]]
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: $1,000.00
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Looking for a hybrid role with flexibility on where you work during the week? We have the job for you! We want you to join our team and have the ability to work the way you want!
Who we are:
Our Customer Contact Centre team is the ‘heart of our operation’. When you join our Customer Contact Centre, you’re joining an inclusive, award-winning workplace that delivers superior customer care for our customers. In your career as a Scotiabanker, you can expect to experience the support of a culture built around recognition and rewards, diversity and inclusion, and our core values of respect, integrity, passion, and accountability. Your skills and abilities will be nurtured and supported by banking leaders, with the focus on your success and development. At Scotiabank, we value diversity and what it brings to our teams and customer experiences. You will be welcomed into our Scotiabank family and have access to a large and growing Indigenous community, where you will be able to connect, share, and learn with our Indigenous team members and their allies. We also uplift voices that value intersectionality and have a variety of Employee Resource Groups to fit your lifestyle and background.
What you can expect:
In the first phase of the role, support is our main priority. Our training team will guide you through a designated 9 weeks of training where we encourage curiosity to ask questions as part of your learning journey.
- For three weeks, you will join a small team of up to 15 -20 new team members and develop your banking knowledge with the aid of a pre-assigned coach
- You will be learning one product at a time maximizing your opportunity to be as comfortable with our products as possible.
- The next phase of your journey will involve a blend of building supportive relationships with your new manger and team while also finding the space to develop at your own pace.
You will start participating in:
- Our Quarterly Incentive Program
- Coaching and development sessions and team meetings
- Development plans to build out your personal career aspirations through monthly meetings with your manager
- Ongoing training opportunities geared to help you build your skills and discover your full potential.
- Opportunities to join areas of expertise focusing on, Loans, Credits Cards, Mortgages etc.
Skills and traits – What you bring and what you will learn:
- You self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples of Canada).
- You’re passionate about Customer Service
- You know your way around a computer and can easily multitask between numerous internal platforms, while dealing directly with your customers.
- You have a high school diploma (or a recognized equivalent)
- You’re comfortable connecting with customers over the telephone to make the customer experience uniquely personal and champion the Scotiabank brand.
Perks you can look forward to:
- From day one of your new career, you will enjoy:
- Employee banking fees privileges
- Pre-assigned allotted personal days to help with personal and cultural commitments
- An extensive suite of customizable benefits & Wellness programs
- Opportunities for long term savings (employee share program, RRSPs, pension)
- Access to thousands of internal learning courses
- Global Tuition Program
Work From Home & Mandatory Training:
Training is mandatory and non-negotiable and must be available between Tuesday-Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm EST for up to 9 weeks of full-time training and must meet the technology requirement and hardware set up.
Work Schedules & Shifts:
We are seeking flexibility from candidates, as work schedules can be anytime within our hours of operation (24/7). Permanent, ongoing work schedules will be finalized with new employees approximately 4 weeks before the end of training.
Hiring & Training Details
- Start Date: January 3rd, 2023
- Position Status: Permanent Full -Time (37.5 hours)
- Training: Tuesday- Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm
- 2220 Walkley Road, Ottawa, ON, K1G 5L2
Regular Work Schedules:
We are seeking flexibility from candidates, as work schedules can be anytime within our hours of operation -- Monday to Sunday 6:00am – 12:00am EST. Permanent, ongoing work schedules will be finalized with new employees approximately 4 weeks before the end of training. We are committed to providing our employees with a balanced working environment, and your work schedule will be fixed, once assigned, not subject to rotation.
Posted pursuant to Scotiabank’s Special Program under the Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Rights Act.
While you must be an Indigenous person in order to submit your resume, participation is completely voluntary. Please use the definition below to make sure you’re eligible and open to self-identifying as Indigenous person:
Indigenous peoples include status, non-status First Nation, Métis and Inuit people. Only those Indigenous peoples who come from Canada should identify themselves as belonging to this designated group. Other Indigenous peoples, such as those from Mexico, Central and South America, Australia or elsewhere, should identify themselves as members of a visible minority group.
For additional information and resources please visit our Indigenous Talent Program page: https://www.scotiabank.com/careers/en/careers/communities/aboriginal-talent.html
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.