Cardiac Technologist (Union ) – Casual – Surrey, BC
Ville : Surrey, BC, CA
Catégorie : Laboratory Services
Industrie : Healthcare
Employeur : LifeLabs
LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
The Cardiology Technologist is primarily responsible for the cardiac diagnostic analysis of holter recordings. This includes monitoring of the recording for quality and identifying and resolving recorder and equipment related problems. The Cardiology Technologist also acts as a technical and diagnostic resource for ECGs and holters, and is involved in cardiac education.
- Performs accurate cardiac diagnostic analysis of Holter scans
- Monitors the quality of the study and recorders and resolves equipment related problems
- Receives, accessions, and distributes Holter reports
- Acts as a technical and diagnostic resource for PSC staff for Holter, and ECGS.
- Assists Cardiac Resource in providing ongoing cardiac education to the PSC staff.
- Assists Cardiac Resource in monitoring quality assurance for ECGâ€™s
- Performs team tasks as required to maintain effective team operations. Example of tasks may include:
- Updating protocols
- Ordering supplies
- Attending meetings (e.g.) safety, document control)
- Filing and other related duties
These tasks may be assigned by the team supervisor and/or be on a voluntary basis.
- Maintains confidentiality involving any information made available directly or indirectly about clients including physicians, patients, employees and the company.
- Observes and executes all laboratory safety and security policies and regulations; including location and use of safety equipment, evacuation routes, disposal of contaminated material.
- Maintains knowledge of safety/WHMIS and TDG procedures.
- Trains and orient of all team members.
- Assist in problem solving related to workflow and workstation organization and provides input, as required at team meetings.
- Participant in related team functions (i.e. team meetings, special projects, problem solving and decision making.)
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Diploma in Cardiology Technology from a recognized community college program
- Current registration with CSCT and OSCT
- BA or BSc in addition preferred
- 2 years recent experience in hospital, private Cardiac Lab with holter scanning on a retrospective scanning system
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Keyboard skills and typing speed of 40 wpm
- Demonstrated proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to all staff
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email email@example.com.
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
LifeLabs operates under a distributed workforce model, where employee flexibility is a key priority. Further information will be provided during the interview process on what this means for employees.