Business Solutions Expert, Trade Surveillance, Capital Markets Technology, Hybrid
Ville : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1A1
Catégorie : IT Strategy Consultants
Industrie : Finance
Employeur : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177318
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Business Solutions Expert – Trade Surveillance Listed Products
Scotiabank’s Information Technology and Solutions provides global technology solutions support to each of our core businesses - Domestic Banking, International Banking, Global Banking & Markets and Global Wealth & Insurance. Our technology-based solutions enable Scotiabank to achieve sustained profitable growth and a competitive advantage.
The Business Solution Expert is a key position in the GBME – Compliance Engineering team. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting and delivering system solutions for Global Compliance Trade Surveillance. In this role, you will be a lead analyst in conducting analysis, design, and development of the Trade Surveillance platforms and supporting functions to support business needs.
Is this role right for you?
- Lead and support the implementation of technology solutions and enhancements for Trade Surveillance for Listed Products – Drive the strategy to transform the current Trade Surveillance platforms using new technologies and tools that best support the business need
- Manage and provide ongoing support for Listed Products Trade Surveillance (system integration, perform initial diagnosis, design processes, and suggest robust solutions) – enable continuous improvements to operations and develop KPIs to track against
- Effectively communicate and build rapport with all team members and stakeholders, including various technology teams and vendors – actively build and maintain a strong working relationship with the business, anticipating their needs and drive the strategy of the department
- Produce effort estimates with detailed breakdown for analysis and requirements-related activities.
- Oversee and provide input throughout creation, delivery, and maintenance of key artefacts such as requirements and testing documentations
- Drive a robust testing practice including strategy, planning, execution, monitoring and closure of test activities
- Oversee and manage issue escalation and resolution, as well as ongoing monitoring and assessment to mitigate risks and monitor and track progress
- Provide coaching, development, succession, recruitment, resource management, team leadership, input into performance and development plans
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 8+ years of relevant IT and industry work experience in Trade Surveillance or Capital Markets.
- Strong knowledge of various financial products including derivatives
- Strong diagnostic skills followed by good ability to evaluate options/alternatives and develop solutions/recommendations for solutions to complex and multi-dimensional problems/issues.
- Experience with supporting IT applications and issue management - Analytical and detail oriented. Ability to solve technical problems/processes and understand complex details
- Experience with systems design and specification for large scale applications.
- Experience in data analytics – experience using Python, and Elasticsearch.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to manage stakeholder relations, and work with cross-departmental teams – ability to communicate effectively depending on the audience.
- Previous knowledge or experience with Nasdaq Trade Surveillance is an added advantage.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.