Assistant Supervisor – Wastewater and Byproducts
Ville : London
Catégorie : Other
Industrie : Food/Packaging
Employeur : Maple Leaf Foods
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is embarking on one of the most exciting journeys in its history through the build and startup of a world-class, leading edge manufacturing facility producing premium, value added fresh poultry products. The new 640,000 square foot facility will call London, ON home and will employ over 1,600 employees as we ramp up operations over the next few years.
We are looking for equally enthusiastic people who want to join our team as we start to climb our own version of Everest. As with every great feat, the realities of this opportunity may come with some challenges and we are looking for people who have the commitment to working through these together. We believe that participation in this start-up requires great passion for our objectives, the flexibility to adapt to the needs of the environment, and a resilient spirit rooted in the desire to achieve winning results as a team. Together we believe we will do great things for our people, our consumers, and our communities.
If you think that this opportunity might be for you, we encourage you to read more details about this exciting role below.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
The Assistant Supervisor – Wastewater and Byproducts plays an integral role within our manufacturing facilities. You will be the coach on the playing field, providing leadership and guidance to our team members. You lead by example and inspire your team to deliver top results. You are passionate about safety and promote a culture where safety comes first. You thrive in an environment that is fast paced and have a keen sense for continuous improvement. Your approach is collaborative and offers a forum where everyone feels comfortable to bring forward new ideas.
As an Assistant Supervisor - Wastewater and Byproducts you will:
- Be knowledgeable of operational parameters and treatment process, mechanics, and hydraulics of the wastewater treatment system.
- Understand the City of London sewer by-law and other environmental legislation.
- Oversee Waste Room employees and Wastewater & Byproducts Operators
- Provide training
- Schedule shifts
- Monitor and approve timecards
- Backup for operators
- Monitor gauges, meters and control valves related to process flow, chemical dosage, and effluent quality
- Observe operating conditions, troubleshoot, make calculations, and corrective adjustments as needed
- Operate, maintain, and inspect wastewater treatment facilities and undertake minor servicing of related equipment
- Assist in the delivery of planned preventative maintenance activities
- Monitor chemical levels, coordinate chemical delivery and assist with off load of sulfuric Acid, caustic and ferric chloride
- Generate work request notifications for corrective repairs discovered during routine inspections
- Data entry, report writing and trending, maintain logs, make entries into such logs/records including meter and gauge readings.
- Participate on project teams and assist in the evaluation and implementation of technological improvements
- Coordinate byproduct pickup
- Inspect facility spill kits and replenish as needed
- Monitor recycling trailers and compactors and arrange pickup
- Other work as assigned by management
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Environmental Technology Diploma, Science Degree, or industrial wastewater treatment experience
- Self-starter, flexible, team player, willing and able to work on a wide variety of tasks
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility
- A strong communicator, both written and oral, who is confident, and decisive
- A valid Operator in Training (O.I.T) with some wastewater treatment experience considered an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook) and familiarity with SAP and SCADA technology
- Must have a current valid driver’s license. AZ or DZ license or related experience is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position. Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible