Asset Reliability Planning Specialist
Ville : Hamilton
Catégorie : Other
Industrie : Food/Packaging
Employeur : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:The Specialist, Asset Reliability Planning role at Heritage will be responsible for the development and implementation of a Proactive Maintenance Program based on sound reliability centered maintenance (RCM) strategy, as well as all related documentation. This role will facilitate communication between operations, production planning & reliability teams and will ensure equipment is maintained with minimal production interruption. Maintenance activities will be scheduled using the SAP system. This role will be responsible for preserving the integrity of the CMMS system through table updates, reporting analysis, troubleshooting system issues and minimizing emergency breakdown work.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by November 30. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Provide technical planning and scheduling for short and long term objectives to ensure optimal maintenance effectiveness. Recommend a logical work sequence and resource allocation for designated objectives in collaboration with others. Report on scheduled maintenance versus completed maintenance jobs. Identify and resolve potential problems, recommending opportunities to improve the process and drive increased reliability.
- Demonstrate full commitment to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety and to processes which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management.
- Collaborate with all levels to ensure that all preventive and predictive routines are scheduled at predetermined intervals. Develop and maintain annual overhaul plans and conduct related communications with production and maintenance leadership to achieve deadlines.
- Continually analyze and improve the state of current PMs and corrective work orders by conducting weekly meetings with supervision. Determine obstacles and assist with their removal to ensure future work can be completed as scheduled, discuss backlog issues and recurring corrective work orders. Ensure minimal backlog and report seriously overdue maintenance that is not being completed. Follow up on corrective actions resulting from items that cannot be fixed during scheduled PMs. Distribute weekly scheduled PM’s to maintenance supervision so they can schedule their employees' daily activities.
- Analyze reports and troubleshoot areas of downtime concerns, through management of meetings, job site visits and follow up as required with the goal of minimizing amount of machine down time and maximizing equipment up time. Detect trends and provide status reports, diagrams and projections to drive improvements. Provide all levels with assistance on report requirements.
- Resolve all maintenance related issues on a timely manner taking Food Safety, H &S, budget, environment into consideration and using Six Sigma and RCM Methodologies.
- Work with MRO to ensure all parts are available for planned maintenance. Work with appropriate contractors, vendors, manufacturers, internal trades and Project Engineers, for planning, scheduling and executing to reach required Reliability KPI targets.
- Develop SOPs, workflows, and Key Performance Indicators where required.
- Monitor and maintain all aspects of the CMMS system. Be a CMMS Subject Matter Expert (SME). Maintain all related tables in the system. Train employees on system usage. Prepare reports and results from SAP as needed to support Business requests.
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness of business systems, work practices and schedules through attendance of courses, lectures, reading technical literature, reviewing reports etc.
Creates a positive work environment for maximizing the business impact of reliability engineering and mechanical integrity programs.
What You’ll Bring:The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. Candidates must have:
- Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering, technology graduate or 5 years of related maintenance trade work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in preventative maintenance planning in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong organizational, planning / scheduling and time management skills.
- Knowledge of RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance), TPM (Total Productive Maintenance).
- SAP knowledge would be an asset.
- Strong MS Office computer skills.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.