Red Deer Queer Community Association
Mission StatementEmpowering 2SLGBTQIA+ youth and adults through community-building and education initiatives to draw the community as a whole out of social marginalization, isolation, and discrimination.
VisionTo provide a safe and inclusive space for 2SLGBTQIA+ youth and adults
Service AreaRed Deer Queer Community Association services are available in Red Deer, AB and surrounding areas within Central Alberta
- To build a foundation of community through the sustained development and implementation of events and initiatives.
- To provide assistance to individuals within the community who are undergoing the legal name change process.
- To increase general awareness among all categories of people on 2SLGBTQIA+ health and related problems, with specific attention to youth.
- To work with businesses and government bodies in implementing 2SLGBTQIA+ inclusive practices within their own organizations.
- To increase collaboration plans with other organizations, bodies or individuals whether municipal, provincial, or national but having advocacy strategies for a similar cause as laid in our constitution.
- To provide a space for 2SLGBTQIA+ youth and adults alike to be themselves.
- Regularly scheduled community events and meetups for queer youth and adults
- Support groups held weekly for 2SLGBTQIA+ youth and adults
- Workshops on 2SLGBTQIA+ inclusivity for businesses and organisations
- Month-long June Pride celebrations