Writer, CTV News Channel, Bell Media
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Media
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 409485
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
CTV News Channel is growing its team of journalists. We are looking to hire an experienced writer who is excited about broadcast journalism, and thrives in a live, breaking news environment. Writing quickly and correctly is essential to the job, as is strong news judgement. The successful candidate understands the power of video and audio – working to generate creative and compelling content, while often under tight deadlines.
- The writer will be responsible for writing clear, concise, accurate, interesting stories for all broadcasts including news flow and shows, and producing them with accompanying video, graphics, clips and font
- Pitch ideas for interesting stories and content
- Ensure the accuracy, consistency and adherence to standards of all material they are responsible for
- Identifying local, provincial, federal and international stories
- Weekend and early morning/evening shifts as assigned and required
- Participate in news editorial meetings
- Keep on top of trends and the latest digital innovations
- Degree in Journalism
- Must have an excellent command of the English language and an ability to write accurate and engaging copy
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain creativity in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment
- Experience copy editing and proofreading written content
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years' journalism experience in a news operation
- Experience with television production is an asset
- Familiarity with newsroom management systems (e.g. iNews) is an asset
- An understanding of Canadian and international news, geography and politics
- An attitude that acknowledges the news industry continues to evolve and a demonstrated buy-in of modern news gathering and delivery techniques
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 03/27/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.