Writer, BNN-Bloomberg, Bell Media Inc, Freelance
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Media
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 395251
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Do you thrive in a live, breaking news environment? Do you have knowledge of business news and a passion for reporting on finance, economics, and markets? If so, BNN Bloomberg has an opportunity for you.
- Research and write stories for on-air newscasts and segments
- Handle breaking news content, writing headlines, news flashes and banners.
- Monitor live events and pull clips for use in on-air content
- Monitor Bloomberg Terminal, wire services and other information feeds to ensure news is presented in a timely fashion
- Contribute content to digital platforms, when required
- Work with newsroom management, show producers and segment producers to shape the content and focus of a live, daily show
- Contribute written content for the BNN Bloomberg website, when required
- Ensuring content exceeds all editorial and industry standards
- Knowledge of business, finance, and economics
- 5+ years of Markets and/or business journalism experience
- Comfortable working in a high-paced, deadline-driven environment
- A track-record for contextualising stories and highlighting why a story is important
- A self-starter who is eager to contribute content on multiple platforms (TV, digital, radio)
- An eye to detail and an unwavering commitment to accuracy
- A team player who gives and receives feedback well
- A journalist who is committed to the highest industry and ethical standards
- A journalism and/or business degree will be considered an asset, as well as financial industry experience
- Experience with Bloomberg Terminal is an asset
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Freelancer
Job Status: Temporary - Part time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 10/04/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.