Workplace Wellness Specialist
City : Oakville
Category : Full time - Permanent
Industry : Education
Employer : Sheridan College
Reporting to the Associate Director, Employee Health and Wellness (the "AD"), the Workplace Wellness Specialist, (the "Specialist") assists the AD in the planning, development, implementation, and monitoring of college-wide employee well-being initiatives that supports and promotes Sheridan's Community Wellness Strategy ("Strategy"). This role designs and delivers programs that create awareness and motivation around employee well-being and delivers tools to employees that help them improve their wellness. The Specialist is an advocate and champion of the Strategy and promotes wellness in an inclusive, holistic manner that supports all employees' success.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Researching current wellness trends on initiatives, incentives and engagement data (including national standard or tool in mental health/wellness) to assist in building innovative and relevant wellness programming. Develop and recommend strategies to improve health and wellbeing of employees that supports Sheridan's Community Wellness Strategy;
- Implementing, communicating, and/or administering wellness related activities (e.g., workshops or seminars, monthly wellness content, wellness challenges, etc.) to provide continuing education and opportunities for employee well-being and support a psychologically healthy and safe work environment;
- Monitoring, evaluating, and recording wellness related activities (participation, incentives, utilization, etc.) for program effectiveness and informed decision-making for future initiatives;
- Managing wellness related communication (e.g., monthly calendar, EFAP communication) and collaborate with other stakeholders (e.g., Student Affairs, Student Union, Workplace Abilities Coordinators, etc.) to promote wellness initiatives;
- Serving as primary point of contact for employee questions regarding the wellness program, including participating as a primary employee representative on the Wellness Committee;
- Performing other duties/initiatives, as assigned.
You have a highly collaborative spirit and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with others to support establishing and achieving collective goals.
You have a client service focus with an aptitude to make connections, support others, provide excellent customer service and might identify as a community builder.
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to diverse audiences and communities.
You enjoy balancing many different tasks, staying organized and planning and have the ability to integrate multiple streams of information, prioritize and track multiple projects to meet a demanding workload and keep things running smoothly.
You have excellent organizational and marketing skills to plan and promote events at multiple campuses along with excellent presentation/training facilitation skills.
You have the skills and knowledge to work with an increasingly diverse student and staff population as well as a proven commitment to anti-oppression, equity, and inclusion.
The successful candidate will also possess the following qualifications:
- 3-year diploma or degree in a field related to Health Education/Promotion; Nursing; Psychology/Mental Health; and/or Human Resources
- 7 years of experience developing, implementing, and monitoring wellness initiatives in a workplace setting (equivalency to be considered)
- Extensive experience in training and program design and delivery
- Proficiency in computer programs (e.g., MS Office, HRIS)
- Mental Health First Aid and The Working Mind Facilitator Certification will be considered an asset
Who We Are
Every member of the Sheridan community is passionate about the transformational role we play in people’s lives. Our strategic plan, Sheridan 2024: Galvanizing Education for a Complex World (https://sheridan2024.sheridancollege.ca/), charts a path towards a new ground-breaking model of higher education that reshapes post-secondary education and better prepares students for the future. We are committed to demonstrably advancing equity, diversity and inclusivity. Diversity is our strength and fuels our commitment to excellence. Across our campuses, we’re making meaningful strides towards developing an equitable and inclusive community.
- For more information, visit: Why Work at Sheridan
Department: Human Resources
Primary Work/Campus Location: Trafalgar (may be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus)
Work Categorization: Hybrid | On-site at least 3 days/week
Reference #: J0523-1127
Employee Group: Administrative
Salary Range: $62,594 - $78,242
Application Deadline: October 15, 2023
Application Details: Position reposted to attain further applications.
Sheridan is deeply committed to implementing the Calls to Action framed by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. We acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nations, Anishinaabe Nation, Huron-Wendat and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy. Sheridan is situated on these lands, and it is our collective responsibility to honour and respect those who have gone before us, those who are here, and those who have yet to come. We are grateful for the opportunity to be working on this land.
Sheridan values the diverse and intersectional identities of its students, faculty, and staff. Sheridan regards equity and diversity as an integral part of academic excellence and is committed to accessibility for all employees. Sheridan seeks applicants who embrace our values of equity, anti-racism, and inclusion. As such, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including those who identify as First Nations, Métis and/or Inuit/Inuk, Black, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
Sheridan will provide job applicants with accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
You may be asked to provide copies of your educational credentials at the time of interview. Upon hire, we require official confirmation of educational credentials and Canadian equivalency assessments, if applicable.