Word Processor/Technical Editor
City : Edmonton, AB
Category : Environment - Remediation Program Mngt (RPM)
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
EDMONTON OR CALGARY
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Provides administrative support to our consultants in all elements of word processing: (i.e., typing, editing and formatting proposals, reports, letters, transmittals);
- Proofreads technical reports for grammar, formatting, and compliance with templates/client requirements;
- Produces high quality written products and is responsible for product quality and document control with adherence to company standards;
- Inputs client information into company’s database;
- Typically includes filing of correspondence and other information provided by the Project Manager/or a senior Project Coordinator;
- Communicates in a professional and courteous manner both written and verbal, with all clients;
- May be responsible for printing client deliverables;
- Designs, creates and updates internal and client templates when appropriate;
- Provides status updates on deliverable deadlines on assigned projects;
- Supports project teams through opening and amending proposals/projects in company database.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Diploma or certificate in related field
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Adobe
- Work experience in an office environment
- High attention to detail and ownership of team tasks
- Excellent written English