At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We are seeking a Transport Planner within our Wireless Access Planning Quebec team. The successful candidate will be responsible for transport projects within the Rogers Wireless networks in the province of Quebec. In this role, you will have opportunity to apply your superior analytical skills, wireless and transport technical knowledge, as you innovate cost effective plans to extend Rogers footprint. This position reports to the Manager, Wireless Planning Access Quebec.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with the Transport Planner to help plan transport for New Site Build /Relocates/In-Building/Small Cell
- Plan IPRAN upgrades to meet capacity/reliability on existing sites (including LOS blockages)
- Work on Unified Fiber Plan (UFP) to extend Rogers fiber footprint
- Maintain Transmission Database and Transport Visio Drawing up do date
- Assist on 3rd parties and Rogers For Business (R4B) requests
- Look for OPEX savings initiatives (leased Lines, MW licenses)
- Support NI in completing plans and with any required transport plan modifications.
- Work on joint fibre build initiatives with other Telco companies
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a wireless environment.
- Strong understanding of Wireless Network functionality and elements for GSM/UMTS/LTE/5G.
- Strong understanding of transport network functionality, CWDM/DWDM/SONET and microwave
- Experience managing and tracking projects is a plus
- Strong organisation and presentation skills including proficient use of PowerPoint and experience in delivering highly effective executive reporting and presentations.
- Ability to operate autonomously, within general direction guidelines.
- Capable of delivering high quality work on a tight schedule.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Access, Visio, and Google Earth .
- Proficiency in English and French.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Fido(182), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 204517
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Emerging Business