At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers is seeking a Planner within our Wireless Access Planning Quebec team. The successful candidate will be responsible for scoping the investment and direction needed to evolve the Rogers Wireless networks in the province of Quebec. In this role, you will have opportunity to apply your superior analytical skills and wireless technical knowledge, as you innovate cost effective plans for solutions to provide the best customer experience. This position reports to the Manager, Wireless Planning Access Quebec.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the RF and Real Estate teams to help issue Land Acquisition Only (LAO) planning spec
- Assist the RF with request from Real Estate
- Plan, budget and initiate expansion projects to support the wireless access network evolution and to meet subscriber demand.
- Develop and analyze alternative options to provide management with recommendation for deployment of cost-effective solutions that meet organizational objectives.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Network Implementation groups to communicate requirements and priorities for new site acquisition, capacity augmentation, and new technology rollout to ensure timely delivery of programs.
- Monitor market performance and develop solutions to improve customer experience and meet performance targets.
- Conduct competitor market gap analysis and competitive analysis to understand competitor’s plans and tactics.
- Maintain the documentation up to date
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a wireless environment.
- Strong understanding of Wireless Network functionality and elements for GSM/UMTS/LTE/5G.
- Familiarity with Ericsson radio base station hardware, configurations and features.
- Knowledge of KPI analysis and reporting (big data analysis).
- Collaborate with identification or worst offending sites and provide solutions for the Quebec Region.
- Experience managing and tracking projects is a plus
- Strong organisation and presentation skills including proficient use of PowerPoint and experience in delivering highly effective executive reporting and presentations.
- Ability to operate autonomously, within general direction guidelines.
- Capable of delivering high quality work on a tight schedule.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Access, statistical analysis tools, geolocation tools, Mapinfo.
- Knowledge of planning tools such as: Planet, Atol is a plus.
- Proficiency in English and French.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Fido(182), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 204507
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Information Technology & Engineering