Winnipeg – Opportunities in Advisory (Full-time/Co-op)) Winter & Fall 2024
City : Winnipeg
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Do work that matters, supported by a community that values difference and cares about you. Gain learning that’ll last you a lifetime and be recognized for the impact you make. With a focus on encouraging employees to come as they are, KPMG provides its employees with a variety of unique tools and support systems that ensure they thrive and make their mark in their career and in their communities.
What you will do
KPMG’s Deal Advisory Services group is seeking finance and/or accounting students to join our growing Winnipeg practice as a co-op/summer hire in Summer 2024 or full-time entry-level professional (Analyst) in Fall 2024. We offer independent investment banking, transaction services, valuation, and other financial advisory services to private and public companies.
Through KPMG Corporate Finance Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of KPMG LLP and the OSC regulated market dealer through which KPMG LLP’s investment banking services are provided in Canada, KPMG’s corporate finance services include buy-side and sell-side financial advisory, financing services including raising debt and equity capital, valuation/pricing analysis and due diligence support. The successful candidate will participate in a wide range of Corporate Finance assignments involving local, national, and international clients of the firm.
Opportunities available include:
- Full-time (Fall 2024)
- Co-op students (Summer 2024)
- Summer students (Summer 2024)
What you will do:
Working in multi-disciplinary teams, you will apply your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions and at different stages of the transaction process. The successful candidates will get exposure to:
- Support the development of financial and valuation/pricing analyses (including financial models), as well as qualitative assessments, of companies across various industries.
- Assist in identification and research of potential acquisition targets, purchasers and/or investors, as applicable.
- Contribute to the preparation and distribution of confidential information memorandums and other key documents prepared as part of sell-side divestiture processes.
- Play a role with proactive business development and deal initiation activities (i.e., pitches and proposals).
- Provide analytical and market research information (i.e., public company pricing multiples, precedent transaction analysis, industry research, etc.).
What’s in it for you:
Our Co-op program aims to develop the next generation of leaders through challenging and interesting work. During your term, you will gain authentic engagement experience working with client projects across our teams. Along the way, you will broaden your skill set through KPMG’s vast learning and development opportunities that you can take on to your future career.
The national Power Up programming will also provide you with opportunities to learn from our leaders, build a network with other student hires through social events, collaborate with professionals from across KPMG and learn how KPMG supports you in your career journey.
Full Time Students
At KPMG in Canada, you will find opportunity across geographies and industries to do work that matters with a team of peers, mentors and leaders that value your unique perspectives and experiences. As a full-time employee at the firm, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our clients and learn about different industries while you advance your learning and development goals through personalized on-the-job training, supported by your performance manager, to ensure your growth is continuous throughout your career journey. We provide opportunities that enable you to thrive with us, including remote work and travel program opportunities and 50 personal care hours beyond your vacation time.
What you bring to the role
You strive to make a meaningful and positive difference alongside your peers, to work collaboratively and with innovation at the forefront. You’re passionate about being involved in your local community and post-secondary institution and have a proven ability to achieve personal and professional success while being curious as you learn emerging practices and technologies.
How you will succeed:
- You have a strong academic record
- You build collaborative relationships: Establishes strong relationships internally and externally and builds wide and productive networks
- You develop and motivate others: Engages others, instils confidence, and coaches people to find meaning in their work and achieve exceptional results
- You take opportunities to learn and adapt: Uses insights and self-reflection to build capability and embrace new challenges
- You drive quality: Delivers high-quality results and exceptional service that provide value
- You foster innovation: Embraces a culture of innovation and experimentation to create value
Thrive with Us at KPMG
To learn more about how you can thrive with us at the firm, explore life at KPMG in Canada!
How to apply:
Start your journey and make your mark with KPMG today!
Please apply directly to KPMG at Students - KPMG Canada (home.kpmg) and/or your institution’s career portal.
All applications must be received no later than October 3, 2023 at 11:59pm CST
Feeling a little overwhelmed with the application process? Don’t worry – we've got you covered! Check out our resume and interview tips available over at our Application Journey page!
What is required for this application process:
- Please limit your application to one role at the location of your choice based on your interests. You will be asked to complete an application questionnaire where you can outline your preferences. Please carefully review which specific opportunities are available before submitting your application, as openings vary by office.
- Applications can be addressed to “Hiring Manager” and should include a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your most recent unofficial transcript. If you do not have access to an electronic copy of your transcript, we ask that you attach a screenshot of your grades from your school’s website.
- All considered applicants must have or will obtain legal authorization to work in Canada by the start date of employment.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.