Wills & Trusts Resource Consultant
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As a Wills and Trusts Resource Consultant you will be part of the principal resource facility providing technical assistance, analysis and recommendations to Canadian Wealth Management partners on estate and trust accounts, powers of attorney, incapacity and disbursement issues. The position will support revenue generation through retention of funds by improving the client experience on estate settlements and the opening of new estate and trust accounts, and will help minimize risk and promote consistency in business practices across Canadian Wealth Management.
What will you do?
- Critically analyze estate, trust and incapacity documentation related to the opening of or a change to an account to identify issues and to provide a standardized summary of relevant information for the business’ ongoing use, utilizing knowledge of relevant jurisdictional laws and principles
- Research and analyze estate, trust, and incapacity issues raised by the Canadian Wealth Management operational business units
- Make reasoned and informed recommendations to the business with the Senior Manager relating to the support of trust, estate and incapacity issues, including but not limited to proper disbursements, succession of trustees, issues related to registered plans, disputes and complaints regarding a specific account and all related issues surrounding trust and estate accounts
- Review waiver of probate exception requests and provide a risk analysis and recommendation summary to the business
- Prioritize escalation of estate, trust and incapacity account issues based on urgency to provide timely recommendations
- Identify business/legal risks on any account submitted to WTRG and escalate issue to the Senior Manager and to the appropriate resource function
- Work with a team of professionals to identify trends in the business and suggest solutions and develop processes to address challenges
What do you need to succeed?
- University degree
- 2+ years’ experience in the estate and trust industry
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, think independently and analyze complex issues
- Willingness to participate in continued learning of common law estate and trust concepts and principles
- Trust designation (MTI or TEP)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.