Web Encoding Operator
City : Toronto, ON, CA; Toronto, ON, CA
Category : TV Operations
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We are looking for an eager and motivated candidate to join the Media Operations team in the role of Web Encoding Operator (part-time).
You will be responsible for ensuring high quality and entertaining programming reaches millions of Canadians for well known brands such as CityTV, Omni, FX, and FXX. You will assist in the coordination, conversion, and delivery of programming for Broadcast, and Video on Demand (VOD).
What you will do…
- Liaise with Distributors, and Vendors to coordinate the delivery of programming to Rogers.
- Coordinate with Programming, Brand, Content Preparation, and Master Control on the status of programming.
- Schedule Closed Captioning and Described Video for Live and Video on Demand assets.
- Stitch in promos on Video on Demand assets using Adobe Premiere
- Deliver assets to broadcast distribution undertakings (BDU’s)
- Quality Control aspects of Video on Demand content.
- Ensure programing is available for air.
- Other duties as required.
What you will bring…
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Great organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Office 365 Programs, Excel.
- Practical experience with Adobe Premiere
- Team player and collaborator.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced, team environment under tight deadlines.
- Some knowledge of .xml
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A company that cares about your health and well being.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & TV Operations
Requisition ID: 281139
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media