Wealth Sales Representative
City : Vancouver
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a driven and ambitious sales professional to drive results with one of the most forward-looking asset management firms in Canada.
This internal sales position works within wealth distribution under the brand of Sun Life Global Investments. Sun Life Global Investments brings together the strength of Sun Life Financial with best-in-class asset managers from around the world to offer a line-up of unique world class investment solutions.
We offer a competitive base salary along with an aggressive variable compensation plan that rewards performance based on the achievement of outstanding sales results.
What will you do?
- Partner with the Wealth Sales Directors (external wholesalers) and a Wealth Sales Coordinator to generate sales primarily through the IIROC broker-dealer channel
- Conduct high quality outbound phone contact with investment advisors to build relationships, provide insight about capital markets and increase sales of Sun Life Global Investments wealth and insured wealth solutions
- Assist investment advisors with their objectives of helping their clients, by positioning the appropriate SLGI solution, helping with business building insights and competitor analysis
- The position includes a competitive base salary with variable commission component and rewards strong results
- Generate sales and lead development through proactive outbound telephone calls, virtual meetings and email communications
- Input & utilize the CRM/database with all the information pertaining to your designated territory in order to plan and prioritize activities with advisors
- Participate in national, regional, and project group meetings, sharing feedback and information and actively participate in sales training workshops
- Organize and execute conferences calls and webcasts to liaise with SLGI’s vast resources from among our investment management, product, our leading tax and estate team and the Sun Life Consulting practice management team
- Assist your external wholesaler partner in developing the most effective client base segmentation and a strategic business plan to increase sales from both existing and prospective advisors in your territory
- Opportunity to travel to branches, advisor functions and conferences within your designated territory in order to further develop advisor relationships.
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum Bachelor's degree, preferably in a field such as Commerce, Finance, or Business
- CSC certification; financial service industry designations, such as CFP, CIM or CFA, an asset
- Minimum 3 years of related sales experience; experience working in the financial services industry
- Extremely strong sales aptitude; driven, ambitious and entrepreneurial in nature
- Passion for following and understanding capital markets and the IIROC/FSB channel
- Ability to build credibility and rapport with clients over the phone and virtually
- Strong listening and communication skills with the ability to simplify complicated financial concepts
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute sales plans while working within a team
- Professional pose with strong business etiquette
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible hybrid work model including in-country (Canada) work-from-home if you prefer
- Pension, stock, and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- Work and professional development that is united by our Purpose: to help Clients and Employees achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives
- A friendly, collaborative, and inclusive culture
- Be part of our continuous improvement journey in developing the next greatest digital enterprise experience.
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- A common-sense dress code, where you decide how you dress based on your day
- The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential
Sun Life Awards:
- Great Place to Work® Certified in Canada and the US - 2022
- Great Place to Work® list for Best Workplaces for #HybridWork – 2022
- Great Place to Work® list for Best Workplaces for Professional Development in Canada – 2022
- Great Place to Work® list for Best Workplaces in Canada – 2022
- Named “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor - 2021
- Canada Award for Excellence for Mental Health at Work – 2021
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:53,300/53 300 - 86,300/86 300
Job Category:Sales - SIP
Posting End Date:18/05/2023