Wealth Management – Data Analytics Internship/Co-Op – Winter 2024
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Internist, General
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184356
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Term: January-April 2024
Application Deadline: October 2, 2023
There's no better way to kickstart your career than to do a co-op or internship with Scotiabank! During your work term, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a winning team, build your network, and discover what you love – all while getting paid to do it! There’s a place for every type of student at Scotiabank and all that we ask for is that you have passion and strong AOO (Attitude, Ownership and Opportunity).
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements for appropriate reporting periods.
- Assist and support the team in financial data gathering, analysis and presentation of monthly and quarterly results.
- Assist in all aspects of (1) reporting, (2) planning, and (3) forecasting.
- Assist management with planning and continual process review by bringing forward your ideas and implementing communicated and other recommended changes.
- Provide a friendly courteous environment for our internal & external clients in response to account transfer inquiries.
- Complete all transfer related activities in an efficient manner.
- Join special projects/analyses on an ad hoc basis as assigned by the Manager or Senior Manager.
- Bring forward/escalate problem items as necessary to the Manager.
Do you have the skills and requirements that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if:
- You are currently enrolled in post-secondary education.
- You love to learn and envision yourself working for an international organization that heavily invests in your future.
- You enjoy being involved in extracurricular activities such as conferences, clubs, competitions, and/or hackathons.
- You have experience in finance, accounting, or economics
- You are highly motivated, independent, innovative, and results-oriented
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access
- You work well under pressure
- You can lead high volume, time sensitive projects
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team.
- In-depth training to prepare you for the role, as well as ongoing coaching and feedback to help you succeed!
- Exclusive student events such as Scotia Student Day, Lunch & Learns, leadership panels, and much more!
- Bank-wide orientation to learn more about Scotiabank and gain exposure to senior leadership across the organization.
How do I apply?
For students applying to our internship/co-op or new graduate programs, we do not require resumes! We believe in evaluating you through relationships over resumes and are focused on learning about who you are and what you’re interested in to uncover your true potential. Instead, we ask that as part of your application you complete the below:
- Complete your PLUM Profile Here and save as a screenshot.
- Complete a short one-way video interview Here.
- Apply to the role and when the application asks for your resume, instead upload the screenshot of your PLUM Profile.
*To be considered for student opportunities at Scotiabank, Tangerine, and MD Financial you must complete all three steps above.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.