Water Resources Engineer In Training
City : Prince George
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Water Resources Engineer In Training - ( 2300054E )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
Stantec’s British Columbia offices (Kelowna, Burnaby, Victoria, Terrace, or Prince George) are seeking a Water Resources Engineer in Training to join our growing Water Resources group. Preferred office locations are Kelowna and Burnaby.
Your Key Responsibilities
The role of a Water Resources Engineer in Training is to work as a team member on small and large projects under the guidance of a Project Supervisor/ Engineer. You will work under close supervision of a Project Supervisor/ Engineer to develop skills in engineering services of water, wastewater, storm water and water resources projects.
Perform a variety of tasks which may include:
- HEC-RAS 1D and 2D modelling
- Assisting with the plans and designs of river and stream restoration,
- Hydrotechnical engineering and other water resources work
- Contract document preparation, including detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Construction contract administration and site inspection services.
- Assisting the intermediate and senior engineers/designers by performing the routine and simple tasks to support the water resources team and projects.
- Supporting engineering assessment, design and construction management for:
- River infrastructure including: water intakes; outfalls; dams and weirs; fishways; flood mitigation, erosion control; river training; and protective works.
- Watercourse crossings such as bridges, pipelines, roads and other linear infrastructure.
- Fish habitat and watercourse restoration using bioengineering techniques.
- Flood inundation, and flood hazard mapping.
- Applied hydrologic studies including flood frequency analysis.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understanding and experience using of HEC-RAS and other hydraulic modelling software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to grow in your career in a challenging environment that fosters self-improvement through a diversity of experience.
Education and Experience
- At a minimum, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Civil or Water Resources Engineering
- HEC-RAS modelling experience
- Over 0-4 years consulting experience, directly related to river engineering, hydrotechnical engineering, and water resources.
- Registration as a professional Engineer-In-Training with EGBC or qualifications to obtain this registration at the start of employment.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $59,200 - $87,900 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Terrace, Canada-British Columbia-Prince George
Organization : BC-1117 Water-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 22, 2023, 10:13:13 AM
Req ID: 2300054E
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans