Water Engineering Co-op Student – Summer 2024 (4 or 8 months)
City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Water Engineering Co-op Student - Summer 2024 (4 or 8 months) - ( 2400007D )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
Our Edmonton office has an opportunity for a four to eight-month term expected to commence in May 2024. It is preferred that candidates are available for a full eight-month term.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide general support to engineers and technologist within the Water group.
- You will perform a variety of tasks, which may include calculations and field work.
- Uses knowledge of the general concepts of relevant civil and process engineering elements, hydraulics, and water/wastewater treatment processes.
- Sets up base sheets, performs hydraulic system calculations, design calculations, and creates basic reports and design criteria for projects.
- Prepares drawings and reports for relevant project design elements.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D or Bentley MicroStation to assist with preparation of drawings.
- Performs due diligence and research on projects as required to provide the background information to start new projects.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Highly motivated, willing to work in a team-oriented environment, and ready to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to be among the top 10 global design firms.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, including interpersonal and verbal abilities within a multi-discipline team environment.
- Must be well organized to be able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
Education and Experience
- 3rd or 4th year students are encouraged to apply. Prior relevant experience is a definite asset.
- Willingness to commit to a minimum of 4-month co-op term.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1101 Water-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 18, 2024, 12:25:38 PM
Req ID: 2400007D
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans