Water and Wastewater Engineering Co-op
City : Windsor
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Water and Wastewater Engineering Co-op - ( 2300032O )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
As a Co-op Student, you will work in a team environment and have exposure to water infrastructure projects which may include water and wastewater plants, pump stations, water supply, distribution, etc. Candidates should be highly motivated and dependable students who are taking courses or have a strong interest in water resources, wastewater treatment or water treatment related fields. This is a terrific opportunity for a college or university student to support a number of exciting local and national projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assisting in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports
- Assisting technical staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, preparing reports and performing calculations for water and wastewater treatment projects and/or sewer or tunnel design projects
- Performing simple calculations, computer data entry, along with some exposure to CAD, GIS, design and cross-training
- Performing research and contacting vendors for information
- Complete other engineering/administrative duties as required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience or high interest using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit or related design software
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
- Ability to perform field activities and periodic inspections of water / wastewater projects during construction in a safe manner
- Having a valid G driver’s license and ability to travel to project sites considered an asset
- Knowledge of provincial and federal regulations, policies, and programs related to the water and wastewater fields considered an asset
Education and Experience
- In progress toward earning a University Bachelor's degree or College Diploma (C.E.T.) (minimum) in civil, environmental, chemical, or mechanical engineering or related field
- Specific coursework or exposure to one or more of the following: Planning, design, construction of water and wastewater infrastructure, including linear design (sewers, watermains, drainage), facility design (piping systems, pumping, hydraulics), or process treatment (wastewater treatment, water treatment)
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Windsor
Organization : BC-1656 Water-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 8, 2023, 7:57:58 PM
Req ID: 2300032O
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans