Wastewater Treatment Engineer
City : St. John's
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Wastewater Treatment Engineer - ( 220001O5 )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U
You will apply your technical skills, project delivery, and leadership to a complex array of multi-disciplinary planning, design and construction projects for municipal wastewater systems including process, treatment facilities, pipelines, pump stations, and related infrastructure. The selected candidate must be self-directed, capable of leading and supervising complex teams, eager to mentor staff, and should demonstrate a passion for involvement in the wastewater industry and an enthusiasm to help develop the practice locally.
You will be located in one of our Atlantic Canadian offices and work with brilliant specialists from across our North American operations.
Our ideal candidate will have experience as a consulting engineer designing and/or managing wastewater treatment projects for municipal clients. This role will require a balance of technical leadership, engineering, and design management.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead and manage all sizes of wastewater projects and lead multi-disciplinary teams through planning, design and construction for municipal wastewater clients.
- Perform a client service management role to promote an enhanced quality of service.
- Interact with clients, local and remote staff, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
- Support local efforts and teams identifying, pursuing and winning new projects with existing clients and developing opportunities with new clients. Participate in the development of proposals and contracts by working directly with clients, business developers and delivery teams.
- Provide technical leadership on projects including treatment process design, pipeline and pump station design, and overall design management.
- Accountable for assuring that projects are staffed with the appropriate resources and skills sets to achieve project objectives.
- Desire to contribute quickly to the development of new business and the delivery of high quality work products.
- Gather information, develop and evaluate alternatives, and prepare engineering reports.
- Perform engineering calculations and prepare detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior-level staff.
- Coordinate with leadership and technical staff on issues related to pursuit selection, project staffing, review of technical work, and project management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Engagement in local and national technical societies is preferred.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven specialist expertise; including client engagement, technical expertise, and mentoring responsibilities.
- Technical experience to include one or more of the following:
+ Project Management of Wastewater Projects
+ Wastewater Treatment Processes
+ Wastewater Treatment Plant and/or Wastewater system master planning
+ Wastewater Pump Station Planning and Design
+ Wastewater Process Modeling using BioWin™ or other modeling platform
+ Engineering feasibility analyses and design
+ Preparation of construction documents for wastewater infrastructure
- Knowledge of project management skills related to preparation and management of scopes of service, budgets, and schedules
- Demonstrated expertise and industry/client recognition for municipal wastewater projects.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication including public speaking experience and negotiating skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree, in civil, environmental, chemical, or mechanical engineering, or related field plus 10 years of experience. Valid P.Eng. required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-New Brunswick-Moncton
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-1634 Water-CA Ontario East & Atlantic
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 3, 2022, 6:20:09 AM
Req ID: 220001O5
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans