City : Kitchener
Category : Logistics Operations
Industry : Food and Beverage
Employer : The Beer Store
We are currently searching for warehouse workers to join us at our Kitchener Cross Dock. These are unionized part time opportunities with a consistent schedule of up to 40 hours a week. Starting wage is $15/hour (day shift), $15.60 ($0.60 per hour premium for afternoon shift) $16.00 ($1 per hour premium for night shift) with wage increases as per the collective agreement. After 6 months you’ll have the opportunity to advance within the company and union to gain access to benefits like extended medical and dental care, disability insurance, hourly increases, company paid DZ training and pension as you work longer and move up with our organization. Enjoy perks like free onsite parking right away, and tuition reimbursement programs once full time.
Location/Shifts: 1255 Weber ST. E, Kitchener , ON. This is a 24/7 operation with shifts around the clock from 7:30am – 3pm, 3pm – 11pm, 11pm – 7:30am! Must be able to work roating shifts.
Who We Are
Becoming experts on beer doesn't happen overnight - we've been in business since 1927 and we’ve established ourselves as the leading retailer and distribution channel for beer in Ontario. Our state-of-the-art recycling system has made us one of the most environmentally responsible retailers in the world; nothing sold or returned to our stores ends up in landfill. We are proud to be a part of communities across the province and believe that if you’re going to be part of the community, you should also give back to it. We’ve partnered with many non-profit organizations over the years to raise awareness and much needed funds! The Beer Store offers ownership to all Ontario-based brewers which means there's no other team of Beer Champions who live and love all things beer as much as we do. What is a "Beer Champion?" you ask...a Beer Champion isn’t just a customer favourite or a great teammate. We’re health and safety advocates, environmental stewards, and your local community’s beer enthusiasts. Join us to continue to create a fun and genuine work culture that really feels like your second family!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prepare orders by picking, packing, wrapping and labelling product
- Maintain service quality by following organizations standards
- Ensure that customer service targets and goals are successfully met
- Ensure the company’s Health and Safety and Operational efficiencies are met
- Exemplify the Company’s dedication to customer service
- You are required to follow current legislated social distancing practices and any other government mandated requirements and company policy which currently includes:
- Mandatory face covering requirement while at work
- You may be asked to use a personal device (smart phone, tablet, computer) prior to your shift to answer a short questionnaire
- You are expected to follow all company and legislated health and safety procedures and must use all PPE provided
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned
Who You Are – Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Must be able to continuously lift 40 pounds or more and walk or stand for most of the shift
- Must be available to work different shifts, including night shift
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to work at minimum wage: starting wage is $15/hour and it is subject to wage increases and premiums in accordance with our collective agreement
- Previous warehouse experience is an asset, but not required
Application Deadline: ASAP.
Apply today with your resume so we can get to know you better!
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to providing a respectful and empowering workplace that values our greatest resource, our people. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging are essential components of our culture that empower us to meet the needs of our employees, customers and communities. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds including racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and any other characteristic. We’re an equal opportunity employer and provide employment accommodation in accordance with provincial legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process . We genuinely thank you for your interest in this opportunity with us. Due to the high volume of applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.