Warehouse/Maintenance Site Coordinator
City : CAN - BC - Southern Interior Region
Category : CHW-HELP
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Warehouse/Maintenance Site Coordinator
Work Location: HUB/ In person (Cranbrook - Southern Interior region, BC)
Employment status: Permanent, Full time
Salary band: ($37,348 - $46,685 /year ) OR ( $20.52 - $25.65/ hour)
The CRC also offers:
- Vacation, paid holidays, life and mental health wellness days
- Benefits and Advantages Health, Dental & Vision, 100% employer paid
- Registered Pension Plan with Employer contribution
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees that include: professional counseling and online wellbeing resources, support for family, financial, career and legal issues and more
- Access to e-learning platforms
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022, is seeking a Medical Equipment Technician, Site Coordinator to join in the Warehouse/Maintenance Site Coordinator to join our BC HELP team in Cranbrook, BC.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply
We are looking for a Medical Equipment Technician, Site Coordinator to support HELP operation at the distribution center; you will work with the Medical Equipment Distribution Supervisor (ESA) supporting volunteers and being responsible for the reprocessing, inspection, repair and delivery of basic mobility and bathing equipment. Additionally, this position will support Facility, Fleet and Health and Safety operational needs.
As a Warehouse/Maintenance Site Coordinator you will:
- Provide support to a Red Cross Health program that is an integral part of our health care system
- Help and impact the lives of BC resisdents that require medical equipement support
- Educate, instruct and support clients and caregivers in the proper use and maintenance of equipment
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and carry out repairs, following the manufacturer’s specifications
- Document repairs and maintain up-to-date equipment records in the inventory management system
- Transport equipment between HELP sites and deliver, install, and pick up equipment from clients’ homes, as per established procedures
- Clean and disinfect health equipment, according to standards
What we are looking for:
- High school diploma
- 2 years of personal or professional experience in working with hand and basic power tools
- Able and willing to lift and carry up to 80lbs
- Demonstrated mechanical ability and able to troubleshoot problems of a technical nature (health equipment repair experience is an asset)
- Strong verbal communication skills; client service skills; and ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Commercial driving and delivery experience
- Successful completion of CPR/First Aid taken within past 2 years (or willing to take it within probationary period)
- Experience working with volunteers and diverse populations
- 35 Hour work week Monday to Friday, maybe sole employee at assigned site.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods and safely operate a vehicle for deliveries between HELP sites, which can be up to 75% of the day.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible - those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
For positions related to Indigenous communities: The official languages recognized within the Canadian Red Cross are English and French however demonstrated skills and ability to communicate in an or multiple Indigenous language(s) or ability to communicate and adapt within the Indigenous protocol is highly desirable