Wading Pool Attendant – Etobicoke/York District (Toronto, ON, CA)
City : Toronto
Category : Aquatics
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Important: Do not apply to this job opportunity if you are a returning City of Toronto employee, instead please complete an online scheduling form.
The Community Recreation Branch is responsible for the delivery of high-quality, community-based recreation programs and services to the diverse neighbourhoods of Toronto. We provide a variety of programs that promote the social and physical development for people of all ages, with an emphasis on children and youth. The Community Recreation Branch strives to ensure Toronto residents have positive recreational experiences that enhance quality of life and contribute to lifelong active living.
|Job Type:||Temporary, Part-time|
|Number of Positions:||TBD|
|Work Location:||Etobicoke/York - Various|
|District:||Etobicoke York District|
|Division:||Parks, Forestry & Recreation|
|Section:||PFR CR Community Recreation|
|Posting End Date:||03/14/2023|
- Ensures a safe aquatic environment for wading pool and splash pad patrons through supervision, accident prevention, public education, and public relations.
- Ensures compliance with Ministry of Health Guidelines for Public Wading Pools and all relevant legislation and policy and procedures manuals.
- Ensures that the appropriate equipment is in place and operational and that the equipment is stored away after use.
- Executes emergency procedures and uses safety/rescue equipment.
- Monitors and controls access to the program.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program and keeps daily logs.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Interacts with the public and staff to provide program information. Promotes activities/events.
- Takes appropriate action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in Divisional policies and procedures.
- Performs pool and facility maintenance. (i.e. adds appropriate chemicals (adhering to WHMIS Guidelines), filling, draining, and cleaning of the wading pool).
- Performs maintenance/janitorial duties including but not restricted to: change room/washroom cleaning and disinfecting, pool chemistry tests, vacuuming, backwashing, chemical balancing, and pool fouling clean up.
- Current Lifesaving Society Bronze Cross or Lifesaving Society Wading Pool Attendant Certification.
- Current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation 'C' certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). This is a mandatory course that will be provided to you at no cost upon obtaining a conditional offer of employment. You will be provided with course dates and details at that time.
We thank all applicants for their submission. Only candidates who are selected for next steps will be contacted. Be sure to check your email regularly, including junk/spam mail folder, and log in to your profile to see the status of your application under Jobs Applied.
Accommodation: If you are an individual who requires accommodation, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Requisition ID and the job title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details.
Vulnerable Sector Check: One of the requirements for working with children and vulnerable adults is applicants providing the results of a Vulnerable Sector Check. For Recreation Worker positions, we are only able to consider candidates who obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check. Once an applicant is given a conditional offer of employment, we will obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check for applicants who reside within the City of Toronto. Applicants who reside outside of the City of Toronto will need to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check from their local Police Service. For further information on the vulnerable sector screening, please contact your local Police Service.