Volunteer Resources Coordinator
City : Winnipeg, MB
Category : Donor recruitment, fundraising and sales
Industry : Charitable Organizations
Employer : Canadian Blood Services
Please note this role will work in a hybrid environment. The successful candidate will be working a mixture of on-site and off-site work based on the parameters for our operations to meet the needs of our donors, our staff and our communities. Currently, employees are expected to have an in-person presence for at least 40% of their work time. This requirement may vary depending upon circumstances.
Job category: Donor recruitment, fundraising and sales
Job posting ID: 5534
Employment status: Temporary full-time
Position's anticipated start date: 2024-03-31
Position's anticipated end date: 2025-03-30
Possible schedule/FTE: 1.0
Number of positions available: 1
Classification: PTS/MGT/IT B
Salary/Rate of pay: $61,500 - $70,000
Application deadline: posted until filled
- Your up-to-date resume.
- Job specific cover letter.
- We recommend you save a copy of the job posting for reference throughout the recruitment process.
Do you currently work for Canadian Blood Services? All employees must apply via the internal career page.
Together, we can make all the difference in the lives of others.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving lives. Thousands of patients depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
If you are looking for a rewarding experience with a values and mission-driven team, join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference.
We acknowledge that the work of Canadian Blood Services spans many Territories and Treaty areas across the country, and we are grateful for the Traditional Knowledge Keepers and Elders who have guided us in this important work. We recognize the land and waters that have inspired our work and offer gratitude to those Indigenous peoples on whose territory we work, live and play.
The Donor Relations team is responsible for supporting Canadian Blood Services by supporting volunteers for both in clinic and community roles. In this role you will be responsible for implementation of the volunteer resources plan to support regional collection plans, priorities and objectives. You will be responsible for volunteer recruitment, selection, training, scheduling, supervision, performance assessment and recognition. You will also be responsible for maintaining all volunteer program standards and systems in accordance with the volunteer-involvement risk management framework as well as participate as an active member of the Donor Relations team.
Formula for success
- Performs volunteer needs assessment for designated area, prepares the volunteer placement schedule and arranges and conducts recruitment activities
- Establishes partnership within the community to promote the blood program
- Matches volunteer recruits to assignments; arranges or conducts volunteer orientation and training; employs and maintains volunteer records in required databases and produces data reports as required
- Fosters positive and regular communication with customers and partners
- Coordinates appreciation and recognition activities
- Conducts all activities according to Volunteer Program policies, practices and standards in compliance with the volunteer-involvement risk management framework
Desired education and skills
- Post-secondary education in Volunteer Management or another related field
- Demonstrated success in volunteer recruitment
- Experience working with volunteers and volunteer groups
- Experience in community development and networking
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in volunteer program management or a combination of education and on the job experience
- Valid driver’s license an asset
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills are essential
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Public speaking and presentation skills
What we offer you
- Payment in lieu of vacation and/or holidays
- Annual performance award up to 5%
- Payment in lieu of benefits
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness program, professional resources
What you can expect
- This role will work in a hybrid environment with requirements to be onsite at Canadian Blood Services location 40% of the time/days of the week.
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
Canadian Blood Services requires that all employees be fully vaccinated (COVID 19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights considerations. Persons who have been vaccinated outside of Canada must contact their local Public Health Unit in order to obtain a vaccine equivalency certificate.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply by providing your up-to-date resume. This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.