VIP Part Time Back Of House Supervisor – Cineplex Cinemas Abbotsford and VIP
City : Abbotsford
Category : Part-time Customer Service
Industry : Entertainment
Employer : Cineplex
Cineplex VIP Cinemas is changing the movie-going experience in an exciting and innovative manner. Featuring licensed lounges, luxurious reserved seats, and great food, Cineplex VIP Cinemas offers guests an exceptional service experience in an adults-only environment. Our well-stocked bar offers cocktails, martinis, beer and wine selections. Our diverse menu includes popular selection of appetizers, entrees and desserts. The wide variety of VIP food and drink contribute to Cineplex’s ranking as one of the top 15 food and beverage providers in Canada.
As a rapidly expanding area of Cineplex’s business, the Cineplex VIP Cinemas offers exciting food and beverage career opportunities for energetic, experienced individuals who are looking for growth and development in the food and beverage industry.
The VIP BOH Supervisor is an hourly role with varying weekly hours. The VIP BOH Supervisor assists the salaried Management team with the running of the theatre building during scheduled shifts - this could include opening and closing the building as the sole Manager on duty. The VIP BOH Supervisor primarily focuses on the back of house areas, in a quick service restaurant style kitchen, when not assigned elsewhere. Providing hospitality, food service execution and leading the team of employees are primary responsibilities as well as adhering to theatre policies and procedures.
Managing and Leading the Team:
- Oversee VIP Menu standards, food safety and product quality.
- Assume a hands-on role during peak/critical revenue periods and as needed to ensure speed of service and quality standards are met
- Review daily challenges of guest service to enhance operational execution.
- Coordinate cast responsibilities during shifts.
- Coach, train and mentor cast members and provide in the moment feedback.
- Work closely with entire team, including the General Manager, sharing information openly to enhance learnings and problem solving on an on-going basis.
- Support FOH areas of operation, when required.
- Work towards their assigned theatre's metric goals by reviewing execution and recognizing success.
- Support Audit and Loss prevention control systems within the theatre environment.
- Coordinate and follow up to ensure equipment maintenance and cleaning protocols are being followed
- Encourage high performance through on-going development of the Cast Members and Cast Leaders, drive continuous performance improvement-based observations of performance and discussions with salaried management.
- Monitor and provide to salaried management, observations regarding cast behavior and performance.
- Assist with the organization of and actively encourage participation in cast events.
- Initiate and maintain communication on an individual level as required to increase motivation, engagement and retention.
- Provide feedback regarding individuals with the potential for advancement in the Cast Member/VIP Cast Member career path.
- Actively participate in recruiting efforts to build a strong team.
- Conduct and participate in the facilitation of interviews and group interviews to hire new back of house employees.
- As required, escalate any issues with VIP Cast Members to salaried VIP management for resolution.
Managing the guest experience
- Interact regularly with Guests to understand their expectations.
- Oversee the presentation of all food items prepared by the kitchen, to ensure Guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a high degree of visibility, professionalism and accessibility to Guests.
- Coach, cross-train and cross-utilize Cast to deliver optimum standards of service to our Guests.
- Deal swiftly and professionally with Guest concerns on all matters – with a focus on food service quality and presentation.
- Deliver high quality service in all areas.
- Conduct frequent walkthroughs using all building assessment tools.
- Ensure the theatre is staffed to meet business requirements and adjust as required
Health & Safety
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards /procedures are being met
- Ensure ANY machinery or equipment are safe for both guests and employees, and locked out if necessary.
- Ensure employees receive training in the safe operation of their specific work tasks.
- Ensure all injuries and near misses are reported to the management team; submit incident reports as necessary.
- Oversee and ensure all cast are following the health and safety policy and guidelines.etc
Administrative & Other duties:
- Effectively follows all Cineplex values, policies and procedures, while role modeling and practicing company culture
- Effectively executes promotions, rentals and other special events at the theatre from a culinary perspective.
- Support the operation of the theatre according to corporate standards.
- Provide feedback around the execution of the third-party contracts.
- Communicate theatre information upward, downward and across.
- As assigned, accountable for completing accurately all daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Provide recommendations to increase revenues and efficiency or improve profitability in all areas of the business.
- Assist the theatre in achieving its budgetary requirements.
- Support in the execution of all corporate initiatives related to key business units such as, but not limited to, Media, Marketing and Merchandising.
Education & Certification
- National Food Safety Training Program
- First Aid (Adult and Child CPR)
- Provincial Alcohol Handling/Serving Certification
- Certificate/diploma in culinary arts preferred
- Past experience working in a kitchen environment.
- Past Cast or Cast Leader Experience preferred
- Guest Service experience (Quick-service, retail, hospitality) preferred
- Past working experience in a supervisory role preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Passion for food/cooking
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrates leadership courage communicating/delivering feedback to peers
- Culinary/knife-handling skills
- Enjoys working with people
- Approaches tasks with enthusiasm
- Demonstrates leadership skills and the ability to encourage others to perform at a higher level
- Demonstrates leadership by modeling behavior
- Demonstrates and describes how to complete tasks
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills
- Responds calmly and professionally to stressful situations/high stress situations
- Able to break down tasks into simple, well-organized sub tasks
- Able to work in culinary positions as required
Working Conditions & Effort
- Standing on feet, moving through VIP area
- Ability to work in a kitchen environment (hot, close quarters, near equipment)
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 50 lbs for 50 feet
- Ability to adhere to all safe work requirements and policies.
- As required, use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Occasional walking, carrying, pushing/pulling, manipulating small items.
- Frequent reaching, handling, gripping, standing, continuous balance.
- Frequent interaction with people.
- Hours of work to include evenings and weekends.
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Successful candidates will enjoy free movies, competitive wages, comprehensive training programs, and tuition assistance. If you love the movies and enjoy working with the public, then this opportunity would be perfect for you. Don’t Wait!! Apply Today!
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.