Video Operator, Bell Media
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
As the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the forefront of developing Bell’s leading products and services: Fibe TV and Internet, Wireless, Smart Home, cloud, security and IoT. We enable the delivery of the best content from Crave, TSN/RDS, iHeart Radio and dozens of other leading media properties to our customers any time, on any device.
- Position: Video Operator, Bell Media
- Job Status: Regular-Full Time
- Location: Agincourt.ON
- Salary: As Per Collective Agreement
- Lining up cameras, monitors and projection equipment using supplied chart and measurement devices.
- Consult with the lighting department on levels and colour temperature.
- Adjust video levels on incoming remote feeds and external robotic cameras.
- Periodic control of studio and robotic cameras
- Rotating shifts with varying start and finish times
- Hands-on experience of camera RCP and MSU panels
- Knowledge of Sony and Hitachi studio cameras, Panasonic and Sony PTZ cameras
- Previous experience with DSC charts
- Knowledge of waveform and vectorscopes
- Familiarity with lighting practices
- Familiar with studio and control room workflows
- Proven people and leadership skills
- Ability to multitask, working with multiple studios at the same time
- Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work in a fast-paced television environment
- Post-secondary education in broadcasting will be a definite asset
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 03/29/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.