Vice President, IT Governance, and organizational Performance
City : Montréal, QC
Category : Global - Information Technologies
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
In collaboration with WSP’s business and IT Leadership, you will develop and maintain the IT Strategy and operating plan. In this role you will establish and lead the IT Governance across WSP’s IT organization driving execution, continuous improvements, and organizational performance. You will also drive the alignment and harmonization of our ways of working across the global and regional IT teams. (Common methodologies, processes, reporting, KPI and metrics)
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Partners with the CIO in providing technology vision and direction for the enterprise.
- Is responsible for driving focus and prioritization within the IT organization through establishing strategic planning and governance principles and processes.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of IT policies, procedures, methodologies, and governance — as well as performance management frameworks and metrics — to ensure the IT organization delivers value to the enterprise.
- Works with the CIO and business leadership team, providing broad insight to IT domains and capabilities in support of enterprise-wide business decisions.
- Establishes and implements continuous-improvement programs for the IT organization.
- Drives and facilitates effective collaboration and communications between the IT organization and the user and customer communities.
- Is responsible for directing the preparation, review and consolidation of business plans and budgets for the IT organization.
- Regularly review IT costs and cost structures for IT services and products so that the financial implications of IT projects and activities are communicated to the proper IT and business executives.
- Oversee the execution of high impact, enterprise wide, strategic programs or initiatives.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Bachelor's or master's degree in business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 12 or more years in IT and business/industry, with a minimum of five to seven years of leadership responsibilities
- Experience in Engineering/Professional Services industry, managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Strong leadership capability, with a “rollup the sleeve” attitude, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management and workforce management
- Able to be both strategic thinker as well as hands-on in preparing presentation and financial analysis
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions, and strategic application to business needs, including the ability to differentiate between a relevant trend and hype
- Ability to improve operational efficiency, service delivery and information management across the IT organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms