Vice President, Global Specialized HR Services
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Human Resources Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 185101
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Position: Vice President, Global Specialized HR Services, Global HR Services
Provide strategic direction, leadership and oversight for Global Specialized HR Services ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed and supported in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
- Lead and drive a customer focused culture throughout the team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Provide oversight and strategic direction for operational risk management, compliance and regulatory reporting frameworks and regulatory responses on behalf of Global HR.
- Provide oversight and strategic direction for HR reporting, people insights and the governance of HR data; act as the Data Stewart for the HR data domain.
- Provide oversight and strategic direction for the planning and execution of HR-led projects and HR workstreams for business-led projects, including learning projects.
- Provide oversight and strategic direction to drive employee adoption and engagement with programs, activities and changes to support HR’s goals and business plans.
- Direct day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank’s risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicate the Bank’s risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout the team.
- Create an environment in which the team pursues effective and efficient operations in accordance with Scotiabank’s values, Code of Conduct and Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk.
- Build a high-performance environment and implement a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates the team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
* University degree/MBA or 10 years equivalent HR experience.
* Deep knowledge and understanding of HR practices, analytics, governance, policies and processes.
* Strong project management skills.
* Global mindset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.