Vice President, Financial Advisory Services
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
This leadership role contributes to the strategic business priorities by leading a team of Industry Specialized, Senior Financing Specialists and Financing Specialists who are working with Mid-Market Commercial Account Managers in meeting the credit needs of clients by leading the credit renewal process, credit origination and offering credit expertise. Accountable for ensuring the team completes assigned responsibilities to deliver on the strategic priorities of enhancing client loyalty and maximizing revenue for RBC. Builds strong partnerships and works closely with the Client Relationship Team, all RBC partners and VPs CFS in order to optimize internal processes, increasing effectiveness and ensuring everyone wins in the market. Ensures an acceptable exposure and balance of risk/reward of the business portfolio.
Note, this is a 12 month contract
What will you do?
- Provide leadership, direction and ongoing coaching to the Financing Specialist team
- Work closely with Senior Leadership and have accountability on all Portfolio Quality Metrics
- Lead and advocate change within the organization by building engagement and inspiring your team to achieve the desired outcomes with annual renewals, and new or increased credit transactions.
- Create a winning culture, building an engaged and skilled team through coaching, developing, and by demonstrating belief in your team, the client relationship team, and RBC’s ability to win
- Develop and maintain effective relationships and routines with Group Risk Management, Vice Presidents of Commercial Financial Services, Compliance and Operational Risk Partners. Seek regular feedback to identify, understand and take action on issues and trends
- Manage Risk and Operational Effectiveness: Accountable for managing the team’s expired credits >31 days to below 10% (BRR) on a rolling 12-month basis. Foster and coach partnerships in the management and completion of expired Borrower Risk Rating (BRR) and ongoing credit approvals, all within credit guideline time standards
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 5-7 years commercial banking experience preferred
- Ability to manage a geographically diverse and mobile team
- Actively foster continuous learning mindset and professional development of team members, as well as model own commitment to development by actively growing, developing and learning as a leader and coach
- Strong financial, credit and accounting skills
- Strong analytical, technical, and communications skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks while meeting time sensitive deadlines
- Strong knowledge of credit management, product and pricing policies, privacy, code of conduct and anti-money laundering requirements, and overall business centre operations
- A post-secondary diploma/degree, ideally in Commerce, Business Administration, MBA or related experience is required
- Proven track record in leading and coaching professional teams to high standards of performance
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- World-class sales and senior leadership training with countless development opportunities
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded
- A unique opportunity for personal and professional growth
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.