Vice President, Engineering & Deployment, Information Security & Control
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Top Executives
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 159434
Cost Centre: Enterprise Security Services
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
The Vice President, Engineering and Deployment, will be responsible for leading a team of security experts to strategize, implement and deploy new and emerging detective and preventative technologies that are required to keep the Bank safe and secure globally.
- Lead a multi-faceted team of engineers and deployment specialists who will implement new security technology across the Bank globally:
- Determine whether we have the right tools/technology in place to defend the Bank
- Create a reference roadmap of our future technology platforms to protect the Bank
- Research best in class tools/technology from the external marketplace
- Guide and influence decision making with Senior Leaders across the Bank
- Lead execution and global deployment with cyber security partners and multiple business lines globally
- Determine appropriate technology with key stakeholders
- Procure technology according to the Bank’s Enterprise Delivery Framework
- Budgeting, forecasting and financial oversight of the total cost of new technology implementation
- Ensure that we stay current and aligned to the market
- Meet with regulators and internal/external partners to describe our strategy
- Develop multi-year plan to streamline toolset - retire obsolete and/or ineffective tools, contingent on the installation of replacements.
- Provide domain expertise to the cyber strategy by developing roadmaps to represent current and future state,
- Evaluate third party products for ‘fit’ in Scotia environment, and reduce the invested effort before discovering a problem,
- Improve the confidence and reliability of deliverables by having a dedicated team of engineering and deployment experts.
- Champion platform technology approaches and create cross-bank awareness across Digital Factories; Architecture and Engineering teams, Global Technology Services and other key stakeholders to evangelize, implement and operationalize new security technologies which will reduce the invested effort before discovering a problem.
- Represent Scotiabank and partner with new and emerging technology vendors, including Venture Capital partnerships with Viola, Georgian Partners and others which will benefit the bank.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and maintain the technology roadmap/ecosystem of Information Security & Control. Continually researching and exploring opportunities to simplify the number of technologies and associated costs and continuously evaluating our existing toolsets against best-in-class alternatives.
- Maintain deep communications and positive relations across the cyber/financial industry.
- Directs day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with the Bank’s risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits. Communicates the Bank’s risk culture and risk appetite statement throughout their teams.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education & Experience
- Seasoned professional with clear success leading large global engineering and deployment teams with a focus on cyber security.
- Expert knowledge of third-party security solutions, systems architectures, operational models, security techniques and standards such as NIST and the MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Previous experience establishing, refreshing, and maintaining engineering and deployment environments in cyber security.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.