City : Calgary, Vancouver or Toronto
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity as the Vice President, Customer Self-Serve Solutions for our Shaw and Freedom brands. This is a strategic member of the Technology & Operations (TOPS) senior leadership team reporting directly to the SVP, Enterprise Business Solutions (EBS). We are looking for an experienced technology leader and strategic problem-solver who can effectively operate in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced environment. You have a track-record of delivering exceptional customer self-serve solutions that enable rapid delivery of world-class online and digital experiences while comfortably balancing short and long-term business priorities with technical objectives. As Vice President, you will provide strategic direction and leadership to the TOPS team in collaboration with other leaders across the organization.? Building strong relationships through collaborative partnerships and leading by example, you’ll leverage internal and external resources to meet the evolving online and self-serve needs of our customers.?
A typical day
Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to enable optimal online and self-serve customer experiences across channels:
• Partner with internal stakeholders to evolve our channels strategy and roadmaps and ensure expected outcomes are realized.
• Deliver enhanced customer experiences based on business partner priorities and direction.
• Drive system and data integration strategies between digital and enterprise books-of-record. Champion the entire technology lifecycle for Shaw and Freedom Customer Self-Serve applications:
• Plan and manage the multi-year project portfolio for customer self-serve solutions.
• Execute on a complex blend of business-as-usual, tactical, and strategic projects and programs.
• Manage a total budget of $25-30 million; identify opportunities to reduce costs and/or drive efficiency and productivity.
• Continue our Agile and DevOps transformation and reduce operating costs and time-to-market.
• Create and build COE to define best practices for online and self-serve processes (e.g. DevOps, Agile, software development, program management). Create synergies between Shaw and Freedom Customer Self-serve teams and technologies:
• Identify opportunities and realize measurable efficiencies through the standardization and implementation of a common operating model framework spanning Shaw and Freedom online, self-serve and back-office technology teams.
• Drive accelerated pace, innovation and throughput to create and capture value for Shaw and our customers.
• Foster a culture of positive can-do excellence in delivery that results in achieving key corporate goals.
• Deliver a best-in-class employee experience to attract and retain top-talent. Optimize the operations of infrastructure and development operations:
• Ensure the operational reliability, performance, and security of the customer self-serve platforms.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the end-to-end reliability of the entire customer self-serve and online ecosystem, including proactive management and monitoring.
• Optimize the development pipeline, including opportunities to enhance automation and change control.
The successful candidate will be a personable, confident, and empathetic leader with strong relationship-building, technical and communications skills. You will bring multi-dimensional capabilities that are showcased by your background and experiences, including:
• Post-secondary education with 10-15 years of progressive I.T. leadership and 5+ years leading a digital technology organization.
• Passion for exceptional customer experiences.
• Track-record of delivering on large, diverse project portfolios with total budgets of $20 - 25 million+ and team sizes of 75+ people.
• Deep knowledge of digital technology and trends including eCommerce, mobile applications, AI and content management.
• Experience in full-stack application development, micro-services architecture, UX/UI technologies, and cloud environments.
• Experience in Agile, DevOps, and test-driven methodologies.
• Strong communication skills – can adapt communication styles regardless of the audience.
• Strong consulting and relationship skills – able to build trusted-advisor relationships with stakeholders and facilitate to optimal outcomes.
• People person – demonstrated ability to get the best out of your team while maintaining high-levels of employee engagements and morale.
• Highly adaptable problem-solver who can deal with multi-faceted challenges including organizational, process, cultural, and technological,
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and conceptualize solutions.
• Skilled at making thoughtful decisions while flexibly being able to “course correct” as needed.
• Confident operating amongst other senior leaders with exposure to sensitive information, requiring considerable diplomacy, discretion and sound judgment.
• Lives into the mandate of “no surprises” and role models in everything you do.
• Some travel to office locations across Canada will be required
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated