Vice President – Corporate Finance
City : Edmonton
Category : Finance
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Edmonton Corporate Finance business is an established high performing practice. We work closely with our national and global colleagues to bring industry expertise and deal insights to the benefit of each client transaction. Our daily focus is on excellence in deal delivery and client service; a mission that is underpinned by an unwavering commitment to the development, mentorship and support of our team.
As a Corporate Finance Vice President/Senior Manager , you will be a senior member of our practice providing deal experience, mentorship and training to a growing team. You will have significant opportunities for personal and professional growth, and to accelerate your career as far as you are willing to take it.
What you will do
- Lead a range of corporate finance projects concurrently assuming responsibility for the day-to-day execution and delivery.
- Assume a client facing role leading meetings, presentations and working sessions.
- Manage, mentor and train team members.
- Lead proactive business origination and sector coverage initiatives.
- Review complex financial models relating to forecasts, financings, valuations and business analysis.
- Conduct industry, public market and precedent transaction research and analysis.
- Undertake engagement and practice management responsibilities, including billings and adherence to professional practice requirements.
What you bring to the role
- Business degree with 8+ years of relevant post-graduate experience, acquired in investment banking, research, private equity, business valuations, management consulting, corporate development, or other similar corporate finance role. With 2+ years in a leadership role.
- Experience in advising companies on both buy and sell side transactions in the middle market.
- Financing capabilities including experience in arranging senior, subordinated, asset backed and equity financing.
- CPA, CBV, MBA and/or CFA designation is an asset but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and interpretative skills.
- Highly conversant with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook).
- Proficiency with S&P Capital IQ, and other related tools.
- Must be willing to travel within Canada.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.