Vice President, Business Development
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5C2V9
Category : Financial Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 185066
Dynamic Funds is a wholly owned subsidiary of Scotiabank, headquartered in Toronto. Dynamic Funds was established as a small investment club in Montreal in 1957, where it was a pioneer in providing professional investment advice to retail investors. Since then, we have evolved to become one of Canada's most recognized wealth management firms. We offer a comprehensive range of products and services, spanning every major sector, geographic region and investment discipline. Our financial solutions include open and closed-end investment funds, fee-based, tax-advantaged and customized high-net-worth programs
Purpose of Job:
Reporting directly to the Regional Vice President, the key responsibility of the Wholesaler is to work closely to the assigned territory to generate sales and develop new business along with servicing and managing existing clients about Dynamic products and services. In addition, the role will provide leadership and mentoring support to the Inside Sales Representative that is assigned to the territory. The individual is also expected to perform all follow-up duties for their own activities with support from the Sales Associate responsible for servicing the territory.
- Arranges one-on-one, group and/or branch meetings with financial advisors to promote company products;
- Maintain and service an extensive contact/client/prospect list with the aid of the sales team;
- Generates and develops new business relationships;
- Performs all follow-up service commitments for their own activities;
- Service advisors on new products through presentations, branch meetings and road shows;
- Works extensively and within a team environment to meet and/or exceed company sales objectives (sales rep & sales associate);
- Develops a combined strategic plan for each quarter to increase sales from advisors within the territory;
- Territory management, overview and planning, are key to ensure sales, product diversity, and budget targets are met;
- Maintains and supports client relationships with our company in order to increase sales from existing clients;
- Provides leadership and mentoring support to Inside Sales Representative assigned to the territory;
- Focuses time and effort on maximizing sales from various distribution channels;
- Assists advisors with business building and tax-planning strategies;
- Delegated tasks and pertinent marketing information on advisors;
- Involved in special projects as required.
- Incumbents must adhere to Scotiabank Global Sales Principles and understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
Skills and Experience:
- BA, Commerce or Economics and/or equivalent years of experience;
- Min. 3 years experience in the financial industry;
- Sales experience required;
- Bilingual in English and French is advantageous
- Completion of CSC and/or IFIC certification;
- Individual contributor who excels in a team environment;
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word & Outlook);
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Management systems;
- Completion is preferred, but at minimum, the successful candidate must be enrolled in an industry designation program (CIM, CFA, CFP, etc.).
- Detail-oriented with strong time-management skills;
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills;
- Ability to keep up-to-date on past, current and future trends in the financial services industry;
- Pro-active, self-starter with the ability to use their initiative in maximizing sales;
- Ability to travel extensively.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.