City : Any location in Canada
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
At Freedom, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings affordable wireless services to Canadians. We provide not only the wireless freedom Canadians want, but the wireless freedom Canadians deserve and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
As the Vice President, 5G Services Strategy, you will work with your team as well as other key executives from across Freedom to define where success lies for our company as we enter a new 5G world leveraging all Freedom’s assets.
Key questions you will participate in answering include:
• How do we meld all of our wireless assets to meet the needs of our customers in new and exciting ways?
• What spectrum should we acquire and how will it move our business forward when combined with existing assets?
• 5G promises a wide range of potential new service directions. Where should Freedom focus our efforts? How do those efforts impact our network strategy and what service platforms should we invest in?
• How does evolving regulatory policy impact our network and business and how should those policies be shaped to meet the needs of the company? You will lead a team of highly knowledgeable experts exploring technology, business and regulatory direction to answer these and other questions. As well as advise senior executives of Freedom, and set Wireless Technology direction for the company. Do you get excited by the idea of deciding where the company needs to invest over the next 3 years? Do you thrive in an environment working with a cross-functional team of business, M&A and Regulatory experts assessing the latest business opportunities? Are you motivated to work with experts from across the industry to create partnerships and help set the industry direction? Then this role is for you!
• Engineering degree with 10-15 years of direct experience in the wireless industry, including the latest LTE and 5G technology
• MBA with direct experience working, evaluating, and developing business cases for new business opportunities
• A strong understanding of the wireless industry from technology to business direction
• Direct experience working with business and M&A teams in evaluating future business opportunities
• Strong communication skills with an ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical senior executives
• Self-driven with a natural curiosity for new and innovative ideas.
• Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead a highly skilled team through complex decisions
• Highly collaborative with a proven ability to successfully work in a cross-functional environment with teams from across the company
• Strong technical and business analytic skills
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Freedom Mobile is a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Broadcast Services. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated