Venue Administrator – The Rec Room Roundhouse
City : Toronto
Category : Full-time Administrative
Industry : Entertainment
Employer : Cineplex
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s expanding from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept features a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games including luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There is an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also features a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room offers an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage includes impressive digital displays and serves as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room integrates a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that enhances all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Venue Administrator – The Rec Room Roundhouse, reporting to the General Manager. This position will be based at The Rec Room Roundhouse located at 255 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3L9.
Your role is to provide administrative support to ensure the operations of the Rec Room. This role will give you the opportunity to observe and contribute to the full cycle of venue operations in an administrative capacity.
- Support personnel administration including the inputting of new hires, creation of swipe cards and organizing files as required.
- Assist with venue paperwork and filing, orientation materials and communication.
- Assist management in dealing with inquiries, and seeking appropriate solutions.
- Collaborate with other venue staff and management to ensure that venue needs are properly attended to in a timely manner.
- Support inventory management of venue supplies and administrative tools.
- Oversee the management and routing of customer questions and phone calls related to the venue.
- Attend required meetings while taking, consolidating and distributing minutes.
- Receive and record guests' reservations and assign tables.
- Attend to customer complaints satisfactorily.
- Report any suspicious packages or parcels to management without delay.
- Support the location with cash administration as required.
- In addition to 2-3 years’ experience in a professional or commercial environment in an administrative role, you will possess:
- Commitment to a team approach.
- High attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Has a general sense of urgency and initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to foster strong client relationships.
- Highly organized.
- Strong Microsoft office skills required.
- Extended hours as required.
- Extended time sitting while using a computer.
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please