City : SUDBURY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Ventilation Engineer - ( 2200042I )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
We are a leader in underground hard rock mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built.
Stantec’s Mining Practice is hiring a Ventilation Engineer to join their growing team in Sudbury, ON.
The successful candidate will be experienced in day to day mine ventilation responsibilities on a mine site and/or who has mine ventilation experience. He or she will be a dynamic, creative and innovative mining professional who can execute ventilation plans for mining studies/projects of varying size and complexity, and at various project stages from initial concepts through to execution. This person may be required to work on several projects at a time.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with clients to deliver safe, responsible, and innovative solutions.
- Provide mine ventilation design services for underground mine studies, such as scoping, prefeasibility, feasibility, and detailed design.
- Design auxiliary and primary ventilation systems.
- Provide on-site assistance to clients by way of ventilation surveys, audits, and training.
- Prepare airflow requirements and heat load calculations.
- Attend meetings and interface with clients, external consultants, contractors, sub-contractors, and/or vendors.
- Participate in technical reviews.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own projects and projects of peers.
- Supports the development of standards and specifications for the ventilation group.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Support business development efforts and proposal preparation.
- International or domestic travel can be expected with the possibility of extended stays.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong knowledge, interpretation, and application of the mining standards and best practices.
- Thorough understanding of mine ventilation engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Experience with electric vehicles and refrigeration/heating systems is a plus.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Be a driver of a positive work environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to use standard computer applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, VentSim, and VNetPC.
- Familiar with Mine Health and Safety Regulations.
Education and Experience
- Engineering Degree from a recognized university or Diploma from a recognized technical college. 3-5 years of experience in underground hard rock mining.
- Engineering and operations experience at an operating mine considered an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 29, 2022, 7:44:38 AM
Req ID: 2200042I
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans