Vendor management conselor
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Operations
Employer : National Bank
A career as a Senior Advisor in the Vendor Management Office team at National Bank is to act as an expert in vendor management, influencing orientations and policies related to supplier governance, ensuring the implementation, operationalization and end-to-end management of the contract life cycle. It is to ensure the management, monitoring of performance, development and maintenance of a good business relationship with third parties.
This profession allows you to make a positive impact on our organization with your expertise and experience in vendor management, while also allowing you to have the opportunity to learn and grow further.
- Management of the life cycle of the contracts under your responsibility, including the negotiation of agreements to optimize the Bank's profitability;
- Lead and acts as an owner in contractual governance, in the development of strategic relationships with partners and in the application of industry best practices in the management of suppliers under your responsibility, while deploying and operating a methodology to assess, on a regular basis, the "health" of your portfolio;
- Leads and influences the direction of sectors to optimize supplier performance and alignment with the Bank's objectives;
- Act as the main liaison between the bank and its suppliers;
- Understand and ensure the control of risks related to third parties and more specifically those arising from information security due diligence, financial analyses, the implementation of IT continuity and succession plans, as well as the monitoring of supplier performance;
- Identify issues and participate in the analysis of risk issues, assess the impacts on the Bank and formulate and follow up on innovative long-term solutions;
- Participate in the development and implementation of cost optimization strategies;
Within the Vendor Management Office sector, you are part of a team of 7 colleagues, and you report to Senior Manager – Vendor Management Office Operations. Our team stands out for its collaboration, its agility, its desire for continuous improvement and its incredible teamwork. We ultimately aim to offer you maximum flexibility and quality of life. This notably means a hybrid work environment.
Our training programs use on-the-job learning to help you master your role. Personalized tools on supplier management topics are available to support your continuous learning. You’ll also have access to colleagues with a wide range of expertise, experience and backgrounds to enrich all aspects of your development.
- Industry-related Bachelor's degree and 7-10 years of relevant experience OR Industry-related Master's degree and five years of relevant experience;
- Experience and expertise of the banking sector;
- Experience in governance, third-party performance management, contract management and risk management;
- Recognized ability in negotiating large-scale contractual agreements;
- Experience and knowledge of the Bank of Canada's BNDS management process;
- Experience and knowledge of the MINT management process (an asset);
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Opportunities to get involved in community initiatives
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic