Velocity – Data Analyst Internship/Co-Op – Winter 2024 (8 months)
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Internist, General
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184436
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Term: January 2024 - August 2024
Application Deadline: October 2nd, 2023
There's no better way to find your dream job than to do a co-op or internship with Scotiabank! During your work term, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a winning team, build your network, and discover what you love – all while getting paid to do it! There’s a place for every type of student at Scotiabank and all that we ask for is that you have passion and strong AOO (Attitude, Ownership and Opportunity).
The Velocity Program is not your average internship or co-op! This is a customized experience that focuses on providing you with the development and tools you need to grow your career. After successfully completing a co-op or internship with top performance, we will work with you to establish your future placements. As a result, you will get to learn, grow, and experiment within different areas of both Scotiabank and Tangerine!
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Be involved in the definition of business requirements and processes, ensuring that progress can be measured against planned objectives by working with different teams, and internal partners; performing analysis and completing reports to measure project success and impact to business
- Prepare reports and dashboards to inform strategic decision-making including trending analysis, projections and forecasts utilizing statistical modelling
- Investigate and become an expert in available data sources of data, transform and determine how they can be interpreted for analysis
- Flex your analytical skills by identifying and analyzing business and technical requirements to create diagrams, flow charts, and documentation
- Make impact by constantly identifying and implementing process improvements
- Experiment & learn!
Do you have the skills and requirements that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if:
- You are currently enrolled in post-secondary education.
- You love to learn and envision yourself working for an international organization that heavily invests in your future.
- You enjoy being involved in extracurricular activities such as conferences, clubs, and hackathons.
- You have strong written/verbal communication and project management skills.
- You have knowledge/experience in:
- Managing process and planning, facilitating teamwork, and coordinating the execution of multiple deliverables.
- Interpreting and consolidating large amounts of information in actionable recommendations.
- Using sound judgment in the creation of analysis, validation, interpretation, and presentation of findings.
- Cleaning, transforming and visualizing large data sets working with various data formats (e.g., Enterprise Data Warehouse, Unstructured logs, XML, JSON, flat files, SAS, CSV)
- Visualization tools like PowerBI, Tableau or Olikview
- Data Analysis/manipulation tools for working with data (e.g., SQL, DB2, MySQL, Python, R)
- Making sense of data, creating reports, and communicating KPI’s to those who don’t speak tech
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team.
- In-depth training to prepare you for the role, as well as ongoing coaching and feedback to help you succeed!
- Exclusive student events such as Scotia Student Day, Lunch & Learns, leadership panels, and much more!
- Bank-wide orientation to learn more about Scotiabank and gain exposure to senior leadership across the organization.
How do I apply?
For students applying to our internship/co-op or new graduate programs, we do not require resumes! We believe in evaluating you through relationships over resumes and are focused on learning about who you are and what you’re interested in to uncover your true potential. Instead, we ask that as part of your application you complete the below:
- Complete your PLUM Profile here and save as a screenshot.
- Complete a short one-way video interview here.
- Complete a coding test through Codility to showcase your technical skills by solving job-related problems. Please make sure to have this Codility test completed prior to applying through our career site. When you're ready click here to begin the assessment.
- Once you have completed your Plum Profile and one-way video interview, apply to the role. Reminder: when the application asks for your resume, instead upload the screenshot of your PLUM Profile!
Note: The one-way video interview, Plum, and Codility assessment for all our Velocity Technology Winter 2024 Internship applications are the same. You only need to complete this once!
*To be considered for student opportunities at Scotiabank, Tangerine, and MD Financial you must complete all steps above.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.