Velocity – Communications Internship/Co-op – Winter 2024 (8 Months)
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Internist, General
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184472
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Velocity – Communications Internship/Co-Op – Winter 2024
Term: January – April 2024
Application Deadline: 10/02/2023
There's no better way to kickstart your career than to do a co-op or internship with Scotiabank! During your work term, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a winning team, build your network, and discover what you love – all while getting paid to do it! There’s a place for every type of student at Scotiabank and all that we ask for is that you have passion and strong AOO (Attitude, Ownership and Opportunity).
The Velocity Program is not your average internship or co-op! This is a customized experience that focuses on providing you with the development and tools you need to grow your career. After successfully completing a co-op or internship with top performance, we will work with you to establish your future placements. As a result, you will get to learn, grow, and experiment within different areas of both Scotiabank and Tangerine!
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Support team by planning and coordinating day to day activities and provide any additional support.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timelines/work back schedules are respected for on time delivery
- Ensure accuracy in all documentations and deliverables
- Analyze results/ findings for process improvements
- Summarize results and highlight wins and key opportunities of bank initiatives
- Assist in development of report to share with internal and external partners
Do you have the skills and requirements that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if:
- You are currently enrolled in post-secondary education.
- You love to learn and envision yourself working for an international organization that heavily invests in your future.
- You enjoy being involved in extracurricular activities such as conferences, clubs, and competitions and/or hackathons.
- You have a natural curiosity and awareness about current market and business trends.
- You pride yourself on thinking outside of the box and bring in ground-breaking ideas to the team
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team.
- In-depth training to prepare you for the role, as well as ongoing coaching and feedback to help you succeed!
- Exclusive student events such as Scotia Student Day, Lunch & Learns, leadership panels, and much more!
- Bank-wide orientation to learn more about Scotiabank and gain exposure to senior leadership across the organization.
How do I apply?
For students applying to our internship/co-op or new graduate programs, we do not require resumes! We believe in evaluating you through relationships over resumes and are focused on learning about who you are and what you’re interested in to uncover your true potential. Instead, we ask that as part of your application you complete the below:
- Complete your PLUM Profile here and save as a screenshot.
- Complete a short one-way video interview here.
- Once you have completed your Plum Profile and one-way video interview, apply to the role. Reminder: when the application asks for your resume, instead upload the screenshot of your PLUM Profile!
*To be considered for student opportunities at Scotiabank, Tangerine, and MD Financial you must complete all steps above
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.