Vancouver Office – CPA and Non-CPA Opportunities in Risk Consulting – Governance, Risk and Compliance Services – Full Time – January 2024 Start
City : Vancouver
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG in Canada, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Do work that matters, supported by a community that values difference and cares about you. Gain learning that’ll last you a lifetime and be recognized for the impact you make. With a focus on encouraging employees to come as they are, KPMG provides its employees with a variety of unique tools and support systems that ensure they thrive and make their mark in their career and in their communities.
What you will do
Our Vancouver office is seeking undergraduate Business Administration, Commerce or Computer Science students who are pursuing their CPA designation to join the team as a full-time hire in January 2024 as a part of our Risk Consulting practice
Our Risk Consulting Team
Governance, risk and compliance services
As part of KPMG’s Governance, Risk & Compliance Services team, you will be working with professionals experienced in financial and operational internal auditing, internal controls, risk-based analytics, risk assessments, IT risk, and emerging risk areas to augment and enhance an organization's existing internal control, enterprise risk management, governance, and internal audit capabilities.
You will be working alongside executives, internal audit directors, and audit and risk committees to develop and deliver quality governance functions that deliver strategic business assurance, identify business opportunities, and enhance organizational value.
What’s in it for you:
Full Time Students
At KPMG in Canada, you will find opportunity across geographies and industries to do work that matters with a team of peers, mentors and leaders that value your unique perspectives and experiences. As a full-time employee at the firm, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our clients and learn about different industries while you advance your learning and development goals through personalized on-the-job training, supported by your performance manager, to ensure your growth is continuous throughout your career journey. We provide opportunities that enable you to thrive with us, including remote work and travel program opportunities and 50 personal care hours beyond your vacation time.
What you bring to the role
You strive to make a meaningful and positive difference alongside your peers, to work collaboratively and with innovation at the forefront. You’re passionate about being involved in your local community and post-secondary institution and have a proven ability to achieve personal and professional success while being curious as you learn emerging practices and technologies.
How you will succeed:
- You have an excellent academic record
- You are committed to achieving your Canadian CPA designation and will obtain the CPA required pre-requisite courses at your post-secondary institution prior to the start date of this opportunity
- You develop collaborative relationships:Establishes meaningful relationships internally and externally and develops wide and productive networks
- You develop and motivate others:Engages others, instils confidence, and supports people to find meaning in their work and achieve exceptional results
- You take opportunities to learn and adapt:Uses insights and self-reflection to develop capability and embrace new challenges
- You are committed to quality:Delivers high-quality results and exceptional service that provide value
- You foster innovation: Embraces a culture of innovation and experimentation to create value
Thrive with Us at KPMG
To learn more about how you can thrive with us at the firm, explore life at KPMG in Canada!
How to apply:
Start your journey and make your mark with KPMG today!
Please apply directly to KPMG at Students - KPMG Canada (home.kpmg).
All applications must be received no later than Sunday, 7 May 2023 at 11:59 PM, PST
Feeling a little overwhelmed with the application process? Don’t worry – we've got you covered! Check out our resume and interview tips available over at our Application Journey page!
What is required for this application process:
- Please limit your application to one role at the location of your choice based on your interests. You will be asked to complete an application questionnaire where you can outline your preferences. Please carefully review which specific opportunities are available before submitting your application, as openings vary by office.
- Applications can be addressed to “Hiring Manager” and should include a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your most recent unofficial transcript. If you do not have access to an electronic copy of your transcript, we ask that you attach a screenshot of your grades from your school’s website.
- All considered applicants must have or will obtain legal authorization to work in Canada by the start date of employment.
- If you require more information about the CPA BC Academic Prerequisites at Post-Secondary Institutions, you can visit https://www.bccpa.ca/become-a-cpa/admissions/
If you experience any difficulties with the online system, please contact
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.