UX Researcher, Scotiabank
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Manager
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 191976
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
***This is a 14 month contract opportunity***
The goal of the innovation hub at Scotiabank with a clear and well-supported mandate to transform the way banking
technology is delivered, by re-imaging the customer experience to deliver new digital value propositions. We have the
support and experience of one of the world’s largest banks behind us and a talented and growing team of industry
leaders driving us forward.
Do you want to help us reinvent how people bank? At the Scotiabank Digital Factory, we are passionate about
transforming the customer experience.
We’re looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous,
versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to
get things done.
By joining our team you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately the world.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Conduct remote and in-person usability and user research using a range of methods.
- Drive inclusiveness in principle and practice.
- Conduct usability testing to ensure that our products work for everyone.
- Participate in project kickoffs, design critiques and ideation sessions. Use these and other opportunities to
- share findings and insights from research, and share key feedback from users.
- Incorporate a “continuous discovery” approach to informing and guiding product design and development.
- Work with project teams to help determine research needs, identify the most appropriate methods, create
- protocols and plans, generate recruitment screeners, moderate sessions, analyze results, compile reports,
- and present findings.
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for
- the right questions
- Generate insights that fuel ideation
- Evaluate designs through testing, reviews, and critiques
- Conduct research using a range of qualitative methods
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, data science, content strategy, engineering and
- Support other researchers on the team.
- Advocate for the people who use our products
- Contribute to the conversation around best practices around how to build the best software for customers
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Research experience in a product development or service design context
- Hands-on experience gathering requirements, prioritizing, planning research, identifying and recruiting the perfect
- participants, gathering data, analyzing & summarizing results, and sharing findings
- Comfort making design recommendations based on research and best practices
- Familiarity with combining qualitative and quantitative data
- A desire to continually experiment with and develop new methods
- Examples of how you influenced teams or companies to become more people-centred
- A love of asking questions, seeking answers, and working with others to solve difficult design problems
- Hands-on experience with Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics, and using these tools to add insight to research
- Spoken at conferences or written about research, UX, design, or strategy
- Experience measuring or demonstrating the impact of research and design (ROI)
- Taught research methods in any context
- Explored non-traditional recruitment pools for research
- Experience using empathy labs in a UX research context
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.