UX Research Analyst
City : Toronto
Category : Full-time Other
Industry : Marketing And Advertising
Employer : dentsu
Reporting to the Director of User Experience, the UX Research Analyst will work directly with a multidisciplinary team to help our product team deliver engaging and effective user experiences. You are passionate about data and human behavior, specifically how people interact with digital experiences. You are just as comfortable conducting user interviews and usability sessions as you are presenting your findings to stakeholders, designers, creatives, engineers, and product owners. Dynamic and driven, you are skilled at managing multiple projects efficiently and effectively and equally comfortable working independently or collaboratively.
- Conduct research studies appropriate to product goals, including user interviews, usability testing, survey design, ethnographic research, A/B testing, and more.
- Coordinate research studies by recruiting, screening, and scheduling participants efficiently.
- Effectively track research projects and contribute to our growing research repository.
- Perform research that not only validates current ideas, but also allows for the discovery of new ideas, features, or products that help meet current business goals.
- Collaborate with UX and UI designers, developers, and product managers to validate our assumptions and increase team empathy.
- Work hands-on with designers to turn insights into real ideas and co-create wireframes, content requirements, prototypes and more.
- Train non-research members in the art of user research. User research is a team sport, and we want to support all team members in their quest to understand our users.
- Be an advocate for our users, our stakeholders and team members.
- Use your presentation skills to effectively communicate research findings, their impact, and next steps to
- Continuously learn and keep up to date on the ever-changing world of user research.
- 4+ years of experience in planning, facilitating, and analyzing a range of research methods from discovery to usability testing
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. HCI, Human Factors, or related focus, preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, preferred
- Familiarity with generative research methods
- Familiarity with evaluative research methods
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative data analysis, or willingness to learn
- Expert knowledge of industry-leading research platforms like usertesting.com
- Be a self-starter; we’re a small team and tend towards self-direction under the umbrella of our team goals
- Strong organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects across different teams
- Amazing communication skills, both internally and externally
- Experience giving and receiving constructive feedback from varying teams.
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Canada.Recruitment@dentsuaegis.com or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.