City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Production
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
CityTV is looking to hire a highly-motivated part-time Unit Assistant. Working closely with the Supervising Producer and production team the candidate will learn and assist in every facet of production from control room duties to helping the creative team with research and outreach. The ideal candidate is flexible, open-minded and eager to grow.
What you will do...
- Reporting to the Supervising Producer, the Unit Assistant will be assigned to a variety of production roles as per the daily needs to backfill vacations and sick days for full-time staff
- Knowledge of control room roles and duties
- Knowledge of live show floor directing and flow
- Provide creative and practical input during all phases of production
- Demonstrate creative thought solutions in all production situations
- Ability to pivot roles as needed
What you will bring...
- Education and training in television production
- Strong editorial judgment and organization skills are critical, along with the strong ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure
- A sound understanding and experience with all elements of the production process
- Must be collaborative, have strong interpersonal skills and be an excellent communicator
- You have an appreciation of the CityTV brand and of what goes into creating engaging content for our viewers
- Control room experience not necessary but an asset
- Willingness to adopt to and embrace new technology for digital and broadcast
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Production
Requisition ID: 286564
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media