Uniform Security Ambassador, Asset Protection | Sherway Gardens
City : ETOBICOKE, Ontario
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Stores
Employer : The Bay
Lead a Brilliant Career.
Bring your authentic self to work every day, and help our customers express themselves, style their homes, and live their lives in a way that reflects who they truly are.
As a brand, we celebrate the differences that make each and every one of us unique because we believe that people shouldn't fit archetypes.
So why should your career be anything less than extraordinary?
What to Expect:
The Uniform Asset Protection Ambassador represents the Asset Protection department within their store. Reporting to the Asset Protection Manager and / or Store Manager, this position is primarily focused on shortage and risk reduction through customer and associate engagement. It provides a visual deterrent to theft and fraud and increased associate and customer safety through uniform presence and patrol of the sales floor. This role also supports the day-to-day operations of the Asset Protection department, assisting investigators with the identification and apprehension of shoplifters and other shortage reduction initiatives as needed.
What you will do:
● Detect and deter theft and fraud against Hudson’s Bay stores and facilitate their civil and criminal prosecution, if needed and / or directed (Including incident reports, report to police, attend court and testify, as required).
● Acknowledge and greet customers, directing to specific departments within the store and provide GREAT customer service.
● Assist and support the Store Asset Protection team and other investigators during suspect apprehensions.
● Access to CCTV equipment to view store activity, and will occasionally utilize CCTV equipment and/or floor walking to surveille store activity.
● Work with various levels of Asset Protection team members to investigate, identify, and report on external loss from repeat offenders and/or organized groups.
● Report suspected incidents of internal theft and support the Internal Investigations team on internal dishonesty investigations.
● Report systemic and other security issues as observed to leadership for follow up and action.
● Support District Asset Protection Managers and leadership by reporting possible shrink opportunities within your stores.
● Work with and report directly to a Store Asset Protection Manager, or Store Manager, from within the AP department.
● Actively support the company's Health and Safety and Critical Incident Response programs.
● Valid region/market specific security license
- Retail Loss Prevention or Asset Protection, Security, Law enforcement students or other related experiences or studies with an understanding of retail procedures and criminal civil proceeding process are welcomed.
● A background in customer service / engagement considered an asset.
● Benefits package inclusive of parental leave top up, retirement savings, “Living Well” Program, and more
● A generous Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands
The Fabric of Hudson’s Bay
Hudson's Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivaled assortment of products and categories including fashion, home, beauty, food concepts, and more. Hudson's Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio. Founded in 1670, HBC is North America's oldest company. Hudson’s Bay helps Canadians live their best style of life by operating thebay.com featuring Marketplace, one of the largest premium life & style digital platforms in Canada, with a seamless connection to a network of Hudson’s Bay stores from coast to coast.
At Hudson’s Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We strive everyday to provide our customers with an experience they will value with our products, services and dedication towards adapting to the ever changing environment of retail.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase and promote diversity in our teams, products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
Thank you for your interest In Hudson’s Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
We are on an ever-evolving journey to create a culture of inclusion, where we celebrate diverse perspectives, create exciting opportunities and eliminate barriers so each associate can have a sense of belonging, while reimagining the future of retail.
Part of this responsibility is to reconcile our past and advance racial equity and inclusion at work and in Canada. We welcome applications from talent regardless of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation, spiritual beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by human rights legislation.
As an equal opportunity employer, Hudson’s Bay is committed to providing you with a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible workplace to lead a brilliant career. If you need accommodations throughout the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.