City : Montreal
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
This position involves the accurate and timely processing of underwriting applications required in the successful completion of life, disability and critical illness insurance applications for the Creditor Insurance Business.
What will you do?
- Reviewing of underwriting applications, prior to calling the customers
- Preparing scripts and updating appropriate systems
- Conducting tele-underwriting interviews
- Determining underwriting risk
- Handling daily communication by phone and/or letter.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bilingualism -English and French
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical with ability to comprehend medical information
- Logical thinking
- Excellent keyboarding skills and knowledge of PC (Windows, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office)
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Ability to accurately process a high volume of cases, based on team benchmarks
- Knowledge of medical terminology -strong asset
- Knowledge of Creditor insurance products and systems (CAPS, Lotus notes, imaging, Oasis, Genesis)- asset
What’s in it for you?
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement
- A friendly, collaborative and inclusive culture
- Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your family
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- There are high work volumes during the summer and overtime may be required to help sustain service levels.
- This is 12:00 to 8:00 pm shift from Monday to Friday
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:38,900/38 900 - 63,500/63 500
Job Category:Underwriting - Individual
Posting End Date:14/08/2022