City : Surrey
Category : PERMANENT FULLTIME
Industry : Insurance
Employer : Westland Insurance Group
Head Office (Surrey), BC, 9850 King George Blvd #1500, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada Req #2571
Monday, December 4, 2023
Agile Underwriting Solutions has an exciting opportunity for an Underwriter Associate, Personal Lines in our Surrey BC office. Don't miss this chance to be part of a dynamic team that is growing rapidly!
This is a great opportunity if you are looking to grow your insurance knowledge and advance in your career. At Agile Underwriting Solutions, you will enjoy working in a vibrant, collaborative and supportive team environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, with flexible options
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities and continuing education programs
- An award-winning interior design head office space, designed to foster collaboration and inclusiveness
The candidate will be responsible for underwriting and servicing Personal Lines business and utilizing Personal Lines wordings and our dynamic broker point-of-sale system, in accordance with established guidelines and business objectives.
Responsible for the successful evaluation, selection, negotiation, pricing and retention of new business and assigned policies in order to insure a profitable book of business within an established underwriting authority
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with brokers and insurance/reinsurance partners to enhance understanding of the target market and to contribute to quality service, problem solving and risk selection
- Track and produce timely production activity reports
- Develop and maintain a knowledge and understanding of company operations and procedures, claim trends, industry underwriting and wording standards
- Work collaboratively with various departments and on special projects when required
Here's what you bring:
- Previous experience in the insurance industry
- Experience with automobile and small personal lines accounts
- Eligible for Level 1 General Insurance License
- Working towards or completion of CIP, FCIP, CRM, CAIB designations is an asset
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Positive attitude, adaptable and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial approach
- Strong analytical, innovative, collaborative, and organizational skills
You belong here
We strive to be much more than a great place to work. Here, you join a collective of incredibly vibrant, purpose driven, and open-minded people. Every day, Westland proves that building a great business means taking care of communities, clients, and each other with equal commitment. You will be supported and respected for who you are and for the voice you add to the conversation.
At Agile, you will feel the power of community. Agile Underwriting Solutions is an inclusive organization that values diversity in its workforce. We listen, champion equity and diversity, and create safe welcoming spaces where everyone has a voice and is free to be themselves. Westland Insurance Ltd. encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
If you require a disability -related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the recruitment team by email at email@example.com
- Head Office (Surrey), BC, 9850 King George Blvd #1500, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada