City : London
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Tunnel Engineer - ( 230003EP )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists have come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Our team provides a new path towards water sustainability with solutions that allow for the reuse and conservation of this precious resource. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we make sure the appropriate quality and quantity of water is where it should be and available when it’s needed. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Apply today H2O+U.
Stantec is looking for a Tunnel Engineer to join our Water Team and take on a dynamic role of designing technically challenging storm and sanitary conveyance trenchless and tunneling projects for clients. The role will involve working with multi-disciplinary teams across multiple offices and providing support to a team of professionals on larger projects. Our group is involved in a wide range of sewer and watermain projects of both large and small diameter systems including open cut construction, rehabilitation, relining, and trenchless and tunneling design.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Contribute to trenchless and tunneling designs based on understanding of tunnel and shaft related industry standards and manuals, as well as client and regulatory agencies standards and requirements.
- Interpret geotechnical reports such as Geotechnical Data Report, Geotechnical Investigation Reports, etc. and incorporate into designs
- Assist in feasibility assessments, preliminary and detailed design for tunnel and trenchless installation of linear water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Complete design and analysis for a variety of tunnel projects including tunnelling in soil and bedrock, smaller diameter and scale tunnelling (microtunneling, horizontal auger boring) and larger diameter and scale tunnelling (EPB TBM, Rock TBM).
- Assist in design and analysis of tunnel shafts excavation, and shaft’s temporary support of excavation.
- Complete engineering calculations, including geotechnical engineering calculations as required in support of tunnel and trenchless design, and impact assessment calculations (geostructural analysis) and structural design of tunnel liners/shaft support.
- Preparation of Technical Memorandums and Reports.
- Assist in preparation of tender documents, drawings and construction cost estimates.
- Coordinate with construction activities, providing guidance and clarification of the design during construction.
Your Qualifications and Credentials
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a consulting environment involved in the design of civil infrastructure projects including tunnel and trenchless design of sewers and watermains.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing).
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University.
- Certified or working towards P.Eng License.
Typical office environment, working with computers and drawings for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to hazards including construction, weather, and industrial operations that may be experienced at water and/or wastewater related facilities.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Windsor, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1656 Water-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 23, 2023, 10:45:44 AM
Req ID: 230003EP
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans