Treasury Operations Associate – Toronto, ON.
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Direct Hire
Industry : Recruitment/Staffing
Employer : The Adecco Group
Location: Toronto, ON * Hybrid work model
Company: Hyundai Capital Canada
Salary: 55-60k per year
|Reporting to the Manager, Treasury Operations, this role is an integral point of contact for daily Cash Management and Treasury Operations activities for Hyundai Capital Canada. Responsible for managing bank reconciliations, cash position/compliance reporting, and customer cash activity aggregation/data provision, and participating in short term liquidity forecasting and bank account maintenance activities for the HCCA Treasury team. The individual will play a significant role managing HCCA’s short-term funding facilities and will participate in the monthly sale and reporting processes covering HCCA’s securitization activities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare reports of the daily cash position of HCCA and provide daily oversight of cash flow. Prepare daily bank reconciliations between the general ledger and bank balances. Work closely with the HCCA Servicing team to provide up to date customer account information in terms of customer payments, refunds and returns. Ensure all incoming and outgoing payments are processed accurately through detailed account-level reconciliations.
- Assist in Cash Management process improvement initiatives involving customer refunds, credit card payments, dealer funding, dealer/OEM incentive payments and other similar projects.
- Participate in compliance support activities including external audits, business continuity planning as well as assistance with development and maintenance of policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and support bank account structure optimization. Maintain and verify monthly bank charges and identify cost reduction initiatives.
- Participate in management of short-term revolving funding facilities and securitization facility sale analyses and servicer reporting, and required financial reporting of existing transactions, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience with demonstrated success in complex content of work
- Strong technical and analytical competency requirements, including detailed reconciliation experience
- Recent Treasury/Cash Management experience involving an earning asset portfolio is preferred
- Experience in Canada laws and environment, payment system and instruments preferred but not required
- Auto finance, retail banking, or consumer finance industry experience is preferred
Bachelor’s degree required – BA/BS in Accounting / Finance / Business / Mathematics / Computer Science
Strong knowledge of cash forecasting, daily cash positioning and bank reconciliation
Working capital experience preferred
Excellent Microsoft Office Suite user; strong Excel proficiency required
SAS and SQL knowledge required
Candidate should be able to work in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment, with highly time-sensitive commitments
Candidate should be comfortable working with, navigating, and integrating/linking data from different system and databases
Strong oral and written communication skills necessary as well as solid time management skills and positive team spirit