Treasury Analyst Student – 8 Month Fall Term
City : Waterloo
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
Worker Sub-Type:Student (Fixed Term)
The student will be working in an active centralized Treasury of a global organization. As Treasury roles work closely with each other for operational efficiency, the student will benefit from gained knowledge in global bank account cash management, payroll, vendor payments, customer receipts, marketable security investments and foreign exchange. Multi-tasking combined with daily deadlines will ensure sustained motivation.
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Length of Term: 8 Months
- Cash management and usage analysis
- Ensuring optimal global currency account balances via foreign exchange recommendations
- Daily bank account reconciliations within the Treasury Management System
- Validating bank and custody fee calculations
- Vendor cash usage reporting
- Investment custody account reconciliations
- Assisting in Cash Management responsibilities and Treasury functions generally
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc…) with a strong desire to learn new technology/systems
- Strong interpersonal skills – will interact with the entire Treasury team, other Finance internal business partners and possibly external business partner banks
- Excellent problem-solving capability with attention to detail
- In year 3 or 4 of a Bachelors program in Finance related studies
- Basic knowledge of the global banking system, foreign exchange and debt security markets
- A strong work ethic and time-management skills
- Ability to handle competing and simultaneous responsibilities
- Co-operative/Teamwork oriented
Student Life at Blackberry
- Growth Mindset: employees have access to skills training and professional development courses, mentorship programs as well as unlimited access to our on-demand learning platform.
- Commitment to Wellness: employees have access to events that support physical, mental and financial wellness. We host wellness sessions, fitness courses, discounts to local gyms and offer a 24/7 Employee Assistant Program (EAP).
- Highly collaborative teams and a supportive workplace environment, with organization-wide events and a student social committee.
- Employee Perks: we have snack and beverage programs at all locations. Students also have access to discounts for local stores, transportation, restaurants and activities.
See more about the student program at BlackBerry over on our Instagram @BlackBerryStudentLife
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40